• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

under what circumstances would a post "auto transition" save take 2 hours?

#1 chasg
Hi All,

I'm working on a timelapse with 1400 images and, for some reason, the save process after I've done an Auto Transition is taking hours. I don't remember it ever taking this long.

I'm running LRTimelapse 4.1 (2015-06-16) on a Mac Pro (early 2008) with 22GB RAM and SSDs as working and scratch disks. It's a slow machine, but LRT has never been this slow.

I've restarted both the application and the machine, no change in the time it takes to save.

Any ideas as to why this is taking so long? I'm ok with it being a normal save time, but since I've never had a sequence take this long to save, I'm thinking that something is wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chas
#2 Gunther
It that a JPG sequence? Do you have it on a SSD or Harddrive?
If you are working on JPGs, the XMP data has to be written inside the files (not in sidecar XMPs) this is a slow process, especially on slow harddrives.
If you experience this again, please check the log file for any anomalies, (info menu / show log) and send it to me if necessary.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chasg
Hi Gunther, thanks for replying.

It's a series of Nikon NEFs, not jpegs, and it's on a hard drive (I mis-wrote earlier: the LR catalog and scratch disks are SSDs, storage of files is hard drive). I'm using the same workflow as I always do, so that's why it was very strange to see a different behaviour.

I've come back to the sequence after letting it run all night, and it's only 1/3 done saving. I'm emailing you the log file, many thanks.

Chas
#4 Gunther
Something seems to be definitely wrong there. Please just check the log file and send it to me, then abort the saving.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: