• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Various Issues While Using Holy Grail Method

#11 Gunther
It might also come from the camera sensor.
Try resetting the settings in LR for two of those images, then crank up the exposure and analyse the shadows in 1:1 view. Then you'll see the difference without any influence of LRT or LR (apart from Exposure).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 gavinsheehan
Thanks Gunther. I think I've localised the root cause but I still can't understand how it is having an effect.

I shot the entire sequence in RAW on a Sony A6500 using auto white balance. It seems that for about the first 2/3 of my sequence the white balance when set to auto stayed at the same temperature and tint. Then about 2/3 in as the sun started to rise the temperature and tint started to change bit by bit. From testing as you suggested above it looks like even minor changes in temperature (even going from 6150 to 6200K) causing very noticeable shifts in the white balance.

What I really don't understand is why any of it matters. When editing my sequence I set white balance to custom and changed my white balance and tint as desired. When I reloaded my keyframes to LRT I can see the the new values loaded onto the visual previews so they should be set to the custom settings. I am going to try and keep white balance and tint constant throughout the entire sequence and see if that fixes it.
#13 gavinsheehan
So it looks like other people have had similar issues using the same sensor in the Sony A6300 but it's a very rare problem. Haven't found any workaround online.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3995525

I tried keeping white balance constant but there is still a crazy flicker throughout the sequence. I fear it may be due to the dynamic range optimisation setting in the camera but I haven't tested that.
#14 c_joerg
Quote:I fear it may be due to the dynamic range optimisation setting in the camera but I haven't tested that.

This is a similar Problem with a Sony A7r2
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ers...ige-fragen

I compared his RAW Files with the EXIFTOOL
Code:
c:\tools\exiftool\exiftool -a -u -g1 A7R00294.ARW >A7R00294.TXT

Between 2 images (where the jump is) I saw difference in the ‘Redbalance’. Whatever that means on Sony Cams. You also should compare all EXIF’s from two RAW Files.
For me it looks like a automatic, which have influence on the RAW files (like Canons tone priority).

Do you use electronical shutter?
#15 gavinsheehan
Thank you. No, I don't use electronic shutter and I had everything in manual mode. I have also ensured dehaze is set to 0. I will do some more searching online to see if others have had the same issue. For now, this timelapse will be going in the bin.

...also check out: