• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Virtual deflicker doesn't work correctly

#1 kayooo
Hello everybody

At first:I started using LRTimelapse a few days ago and I'm amazed of this program!

So, i have a little question about the virtual deflicker.
I made a few photos (760) out of my window of the sky to learn the program. Unfortunately i didn't put the whole camera on manual. Because of that, you can imagine, i have really ugly cracks in the lumination curve because of the autocorrection of the cam. But i thought instead of remaking the whole images, i try to smooth it out with the virtual deflicker.
Btw i have installed the dng converter, only to prevent the question... Smile

I made everything like in the tutorial, but the result in the end wasn't really satisfying. I think at one point i made a mistake, but i can't figure out where.
Here are the steps i made to use the deflicker:

Made Visual previews:

Start using visual deflicker

Visual deflicker "applied" button pressed.
I think the red correction-line shows really exacty what the program has to correct

Visual deflicker applied and saved
Here you can see that the deflicker made like a copy from the correction line and i can't figure out why

Visual deflicker "refine" button pressed

#2 kayooo
Visual deflicker "refine" applied and saved.

I hope you can help me figure out my mistake or failure i make with the program.

THX kayooo
#3 Gunther
In image 3 you have the right correction curve. Press "save" after you pressed appy for the first time. Then wait until the visual previews have been created again to see the new pink curve It should be much smoother.

Image 4 is weird, it shouldn't look like that.

I would suggest that you check the versions of your involved software (see other thread) especially if you are not using Lightroom for editing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 kayooo
Hi Gunter

Sorry for the answerdelay, i was on holidays, and thank you for the fast reply...

I deleted all pre-rendered pictures and startet from the beginning. That time it worked without any problems. Mabye i made a mistake the last time...

Greez Kay

...also check out: