• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual Preview color

#1 StrongThumbs
Hello there! I have a problem with the end results of my colors. When i start my visual preview the colors drastically change. They become muddy and lose all of its detail. Everything looks great until i start the visual preview. I have changed all my color management settings to the correct icc. As well as updated them to LR Timelapse under the settings tab. Ive watched all the tutorials on how to change those and i am still losing all of the color in my time lapse. Not sure what to do... Again everything looks great until i start the visual preview...
#2 Gunther
Do you have the latest version of Adobe Dng Converter installed? Please do so.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 StrongThumbs
I do... i can send pictures if that will help. And i want to thank you for this program! Its incredible. I just need to figure out this color situation. Seriously appreciate your time!
#4 Gunther
I'd recommend that you do a simple test and reedit a sequence from scratch. Reset everything via "Metadata / Initialize" in LRTimelapse. It would be important to see, if it's just a color shift caused by wrong configured color management or if somehow the edits are being discarded and the previews appear unedited.
You an for example test that by doing a test edit and setting saturation to zero. The images will then appear in grayscale in LR. Check out how the visual previews are being developed. If the color reappears, for some reason the Visual Previews are not being developed correctly. It will help, if you send me your log file then. (Info menu / show log).
#5 StrongThumbs
Gotcha. When I get back to my computer I’ll run those tests and let you know. I appreciate your time.
#6 StrongThumbs
I did the test and set saturation to 0 then ran the visual preview. Everything stayed in grayscale so i'm assuming something is wrong with my color management... But I sent the log file via email. Let me know.
#7 Gunther
Thanks for sending the log. It shows that you have color management activated in LRT, and provided this as the monitor profile: C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\sRGB Color Space Profile.icm
Are you sure that's the profile you calibrated your monitor with? From the file name it rather sounds like a default sRGB profile which usually doesn't necessarily correspond with your monitor.
Usually you would calibrate your monitor with a colorimeter like Datacolor's Spyder this would produce an accurate profile for your monitor and that's the one you need to configure in LRTimelapse. I've explained this here: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse-5-5/
If you are uncertain or didn't calibrate the monitor, I'd rather recommend to turn off color management in LRTimelapse.
After all, it's not important to see the Visual Previews in LRTimelapse accurately, what's important is, that they are accurate in Lightroom and the exported video - and they will usually be even if the Visual Previews in LRT are not color managed.
#8 StrongThumbs
I found the correct color profile for my monitor. I reset all of the meta data again and ran the visual preview. I am still having the same problem. I understand that I dont need to use or rely on the visual preview or color management option on LRT. But when the metadata from LRT gets updated to Lightroom the same color issue is happening. Im going to send you the logfiles again from the updated color profile as well as two images. One is before the visual preview and one is after.
#9 Gunther
Ok, now you say that the colors in Lightroom change as well, then it's not an issue with color management.
Somehow the edits seem to be changing, most likely due to any error in the workflow.
The only way to figure out what's going on is to make systematic test and stricktly follow the workflow.
You should start by removing the sequence from Lightroom, then in LRT do "Metadata / Initialize". Now try to trouble shoot what's going on by doing a simple, exaggerated edit. For example drag the WB all the way, use only one keyframe. See if the changes travel though the workflow.
Here is an faq with a step by step troubleshooting guide:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-keyf...vise-versa
#10 StrongThumbs
It was absolutely a workflow issue. For some reason my camera presets in LR were not syncing with the files in LRT. I went into LR and had to reset all the presets there then start over. I'm currently syncing the metadata back into lightroom from LRT and everything looks as it should. I'm sure I'm not explaining this well... but what I'm trying to say is I think I found/fixed the issue.

...also check out: