• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

When does Holy Grail apply and why at all?

#1 Serpentarii
Hello community,

I'm sorry to ask a question that might be answerd somewehre already, but i don't get the difference between "deflicker" and Holy Grail?

I made a sequence with a day-night transition and adjusted the aperture and ISO manually, unfortunately my lens is manual so it does not give it's aperture to the exif data. But still there are of course several brightness jumps in the sequence. 
LRT didn't recognise it as holy grail so i just used deflicker and it worked out fine.

So my question is, what do i have to do that LRT activates holy grail and in which way is it different to deflickering?

Thanks and all the Best,
Robert
#2 Gunther
Holy Grail Wizard uses Exif data to do the rough adjustments. This makes it easier for the deflicker, which works visually.
Magically you can work with deflicker only, but then you'd probably need some refine steps, which takes more time.

I recommend using lenses that transmit Exif data, when shooting the holy grail.

For your manual sequence, you could add well use the lens tagging in the metadata menu to add the aperture information to the sequence. You can select parts of the sequence to add different apertures. This will enable the holy grail wizard then.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: