• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wrong picture order in exported video

#1 aleksejs.saveljevs
Hello i am using a Cannon EOS 200D,
and i have shot many pictures for one timelapse.

All my pictures are saved with numbers like IMG_0001 and so on.

In this case my camera has passed 10000 picture mark and made a new folder, in which it saves pics from IMG_0001 again.

What happens now is that my sequence has, lets say IMG_4000 - IMG 9999 and then from new folder i have IMG_0001 - IMG_1000.

At first it got me scared that i wont be able to make a video, because it would mix those pictures, but then i loaded my pictures in LRT5
and all the pictures were sorted not by name, but by date and time taken. So i thought that everything is fine, but when my render was complete
i saw that it got mixed. Video wasnt looking like it was sorted by time, but by image names.

Is there something that im missing, or is it a bug?
Is there a way how to maybe avoid it by setting my camera to some other settings?
#2 Gunther
You need to change the sort order in Lightroom (Gridview (G), Toolbar (T), Sort Order) to Capture Time.
Then export again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 aleksejs.saveljevs
I have just found one solution in LRT5, i went to edit and there was an option to rename with date prefix.
After i did export again, and it worked fine! I will try your solution with my next sequence, because for this one i havent used Lightroom!

Thank you for lightning fast reply!
Combining Video Clips
Steve Jones
2022-03-15, 18:38
Last Post: artymoriera

...also check out: