• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

The new Holy Grail - Day to Night Time Lapse Tutorial with LRTimelapse 2

#11 Norbert_BT
Das Tutorial-Video ist mal wieder Spitze - Danke.
Allerdings funktioniert "Belichtungen angleichen" in LR3 mit dng nicht optimal.
Wahrscheinlich kann das LR4 besser - oder?
#12 Gunther
Ich habe es mit LR3 nicht probiert. Die Funktion funktioniert allerdings auch in LR4 nicht immer 100%ig, aber sie ist schon eine große Erleichterung. Ein manuelles Korrigieren ist manchmal, aber nicht immer notwendig.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 POVDOV
Thanks Gunther, Just bought and just joined the forum. Look forward to learning all the wonderful adjustments you can make with lRTIMELAPSE. POVDOV
#14 gianlo
Hi Gunther,

Today I've bought your ebook. I find it very intresting !!

I make timelapse for fun, I love doing that ... I've tried many settings and I'm very interested in the holy grail method (I love shooting day time to night time).
I want to ask you something, do you think that your method ( which is M mode and changing the settings : exposure and ISO) is still valid for sunset like this ( I edited it yesterday, it is still a try) ?

[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji_ibD47XEU]

Cause this timelapse don't make me happy. I shot in A mode. I wanted to see the changing from daytime to nighttime in a slowly way ,instead the video got dark too fast ( in fact when it came dark the ISO was set to lo1 and the exposure time became to increase too much, the camera started to take pictures for 15-20 sec and it did not care about the interval time of 5sec)

Do you think I can have better results with M mode and your method ?

Thanks Gunther
#15 Gunther
You should try it! I always use my holy grail method in M mode and most of the times I get perfect results.
#16 kemalettin
(2012-09-01, 09:59)gwegner Wrote: You should try it! I always use my holy grail method in M mode and most of the times I get perfect results.

any way to change WB on LRTimelapse?
#17 Gunther
Sure, that's one of the best features! Just make sure you always have set WB on "Custom" in LR as inititialized by LRTimelapse (the presets won't work). Edit the WB for your Key-Frame images differently (see Workflow description) and animite via Auto Transition! <- Normal workflow!
#18 ACAM83
(2012-08-08, 16:26)gwegner Wrote: This is a video I made very quickly to show you how to easy it is to make Holy Grail Sequences with LRTimelapse 2!

[Video: http://vimeo.com/47161348]

Please excuse the bad audio, I'm going to make another video asap.

Hi Gunther,

I have just bought and joined having used Lightroom 1 for a while. Like the intuitive workflow buttons but wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. I tend to shoot my changing light condition time lapses in Av as seen this recommended by a lot of people. Is this not recommended and would this still work with the workflow you are describing here and using LR Timelapse 2 and LR?
2. Shooting manual I assume you need to be monitoring the camera and judging when to adjust either the shutter or ISO?
3. Can you jump workflow in LRTimelapse? For example, if you just want your time lapse sequence to be deflickered? Would I still need to initialize in LR Timelapse? What steps would you recommend here?
4. Does the preview window in LRTimelapse show the edited image? I have been getting quite confused here when I load up an edited sequence from LR as they do not appear to be edited at all even after loading up the XMP.

Thank you so much for this tool and my best wishes for the future.

Kind Regards,

Alex
#19 Gunther
Hi Alex,
Quote:1. I tend to shoot my changing light condition time lapses in Av as seen this recommended by a lot of people. Is this not recommended and would this still work with the workflow you are describing here and using LR Timelapse 2 and LR?
Sure you can do this, though you will get better results with my holy grail approach. In this case you will have to fully rely on the deflicker algorithm to smooth out everything. If using the key frames wizard with a AV approach with lot of flickering double check that no unintended keyframes are generated (the orange ones) - if so, remove them manually.
Quote:2. Shooting manual I assume you need to be monitoring the camera and judging when to adjust either the shutter or ISO?
Yes, on some cameras the metering works while shooting and shows you how much you are off. So when you have reached +/- 1EV you just change exposure/iso manually in the opposite direction.
Quote:3. Can you jump workflow in LRTimelapse? For example, if you just want your time lapse sequence to be deflickered? Would I still need to initialize in LR Timelapse? What steps would you recommend here?
I wouldn't recommend this. Even if you are only deflickering it's recommended to start the workflow in LRTimelapse.
Quote:4. Does the preview window in LRTimelapse show the edited image? I have been getting quite confused here when I load up an edited sequence from LR as they do not appear to be edited at all even after loading up the XMP.
No, you won't see the edits directly in the preview. But you see the curves. As soon as you have learned to master them you won't miss it anymore since you have a lot more performance this way.

Quote:Thank you so much for this tool and my best wishes for the future.
You are very welcome!
Best
Gunther
#20 ACAM83
Thank you for the really quick reply and appreciate all your comments.

When shooting a time-lapse during the day when the light is not changing much but there is lots of cloud cover so the sun is constantly popping in and out, would you recommend still shooting manually and monitoring the screen then adjusting the shutter or ISO?

Do you tend to shoot with LiveView (or Nikon equivalent) so you can see each shot once it is taken? Heard this can drain battery quite a lot.

Also, how would you approach shooting a 24 hour time-lapse? Still Manual? When would you sleep! ;o)

Many thanks again

...also check out: