• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why is LR Sync script needed and why can't I copy and paste ACR Development Settings

#1 richparry
I am aware that LR is the recommended editor when using LRTimelapse. I am also aware there are many advantages for using LR over ACR. Nevertheless, I’m committed to the ACR/AE workflow so in ACR I copy and paste “Development Settings” from one keyframe to another.

In Gunther’s tutorials, he talks about the importance of using the LR “Sync” scripts to copy development settings from one keyframe to another. I want to understand why a sync script is needed and what I may be loosing by copying and pasting ACR Development Settings and NOT using the LR sync scripts.

Thanks in advance,
Rich Parry
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#2 Gunther
Hi Rich, I've explained why the sync script is useful and that you will loose the internal LRT adjustments like Holy Grail and Deflicker if you just use the native Copy/Paste or the native Sync in the Expert Tips Tutorial #7: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert/

However, with the new ACR (>=13) you might be able to untick the LRTimelapse internal Masks when doing the native Copy/Paste/Sync to achieve a similar effect than with the script. Check out the video, then you'll understand it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: