• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I’m having issues with the ramping

#1 Drewstyles
Okay guys I’m new here and here’s a quick run down of a problem I’m encountering

I shot a slider timelapse of a sunset from a building and I’m currently using the trial version of LR timelapse which can only use 400 pics

So I shot the timelapse 200 in the afternoon and 200 after sunset so I got half day and half night. (If you get the picture)

I manually shot them by just adjusting the shutter speed on my canon 5dmkiv by very small increments. I used my manual mode fixed white balance and shot in raw.

I imported the files in LR timelapse 6 and I did the holy grail method and when I hit auto transition the purple lines are still big zig zags. When I scrolled thru at the exact spot of the key frame that’s when I see the color just changing on the pic there is no transition. I tried to do this several times without much color grade and it’s the same thing. The transition is rough and lots of flicker

Can you guys guide me accordingly?
#2 Gunther
First of all see this troubleshooting setup to make sure that Holy Grail Wizard and Visual Deflicker will get applied correctly.
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-hol...-no-effect

Second, if you shot two sequence at different times (with a time gap between them) you should put the into two separate folders and process them independently.

Do that, then start processing the first timelapse as I explained in my holy grail tutorial: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/basic
Remember that after only the holy grail, you still might have some zig zag effects in the pink curve, which the Visual Deflicker will then usually smooth out. Make sure to set a proper reference area for the deflicker also. All explained in the tutorial.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Drewstyles
Hi thanks for replying when I said took 200 photos I meant to get the sunset into night to use the trial version of LR timelapse which is only 400 pics I basically shot it at sunset to get 200 afternoon and 200 into night so it’s basically 400 pics seamlessly.

The zigzag line is still huge and I’m still getting flicker even after I use deflicker. I will run this again with your troubleshooting.

Thanks i
#4 Drewstyles
Hi thanks so much I re downloaded LR made sure it was the masks version then made sure my light room was up to date then apparently it was my dng converter that needed update. I did all of that and it worked awesome! Thank you

...also check out: