• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Walk Lapse Hyper Lapse

#1 timelps
Hi.

Need to ask this question...

After collecting RAW images from a ...say hyperlapse, walklapse ... how do stabilize them?
Does the Warp Stabilizer work on its own okay using it on the image sequence?

Or, what is the workflow if using the AE Motion Tracker for both x and y axes)?

Would you be able to share if you know, please?

Thank you...Lu
#2 Gunther
Hi Lu,
as with all time lapse shots, it's crucial that you do it right when shooting (trust me, I made my experiences). Don't go too wide, lens distortions are really a pita. Then try to get the framing really, really right.

Regarding the stabilization: it depends from the sequence. There are sequences where Warp Stabilizer works like a charm, others can be easily adjusted with the motion tracker (2 points) and others with Mocha. But there is no Guarantee than one or the other technique will always work. Like I said: I have tutorials for all this on my agenda, but I yet have to find the time to do them. Winter is coming. I'm confident...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 timelps
Hello Gunther.

Yeah, Winter is coming!
That's why I'm asking 'cause we've had our first snow.
I want to get a few before it really flies!

I have yet to try the dolly in sub-zero temps.

And you are COMPLETELY right - get stuff done correctly right away rather than fixing it in post and then some.

Looking forward to your tutorials - if you find the time.
Looks like a day could easily have 48hrs and we'd still be saying the same thing about time (which apparently doesn't exist anyway) =).
Bet that's where time "lapse" comes from.
#4 b-zOOmi
"Winter is coming. I'm confident..."

Exactly. Smile It´s better too shoot accuratley, but don´t be to slow, because the clouds aren´t waiting.. I will release a tutorial as soon as possible.
#5 Gunther
I'm really, really looking forward to b-zOOmi's tutorial, he is the real expert in hyperlapse!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 timelps
Cool - when you can, please let us know about the tutorial : )
Always good to learn and progress...

Lu
#7 b-zOOmi
Yes of course..as I said, we will stay in touch Lu..
Gunther gave me some significant advice, on how a tutorial should ideally look like..
So I will do my best and there WON´T BE a big relay..
It will be my first Tutorial ..it´s not one of my day to day activities:=)
Before this tutorial is beeing produced, we will release some interesting text..but I won´t tell more details for now..it should be a surprise Wink
#8 timelps
Okay - looking forward to learning from you!
#9 nk87
Hi, all! Watch my Timelapse (Hyperlapse) about Kharkov http://vimeo.com/51584261
#10 nk87
Also my Paris hyperlapse https://vimeo.com/66009998

...also check out: