• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Preprocessed RAW in LRT3

#1 cubusmedusa
Hi,

I am not sure whether this topic had already been adressed. The situation is that I have a sequence of RAW pictures that has already been processed in LR4.4. Hence, XMPs are existing. When I go into LRT to do the whole timelapse-thing and select the folder it seems to me that the preview is loaded correctly according to my xmps (I can see the columns with the respective values). But when I initialise the project everything is reset in LRT. To me this would mean that when coming to the step of saving the settings in LRT to XMPs, my previous LR-settings will be overwritten. Is this correct? How would a workflow with preprocessed RAWs look like?

Chris
#2 Gunther
Hi Chris,
normally this is not supported because the initialization of the settings is crucial to get a stable workflow.
You might however try using your sequence without initialization. But especially for gradients etc. there is no guarantee that all parameters will then be animated.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 cubusmedusa
I had a fully manual lens attached to my canon in fixed aperture modus. Apart from flicker from the metering the canon meter screwed it up and I had to offset to +2,35EV in LR. I just do not know how to get the LRT EV-correction values from deflicker but also keep the necessary offset. How to incorporate all other settings afterwards is no problem.
#4 Gunther
You just do the normal workflow, initialize, generate keyframes, load metadata into LR, correct the keyframes' exposure. Then save - 2nd row in LRT, apply deflicker, save, load metadata into LR again and render.

This is pretty standard. Deflicker will always be put onto the other exposure adjustments. Just follow the deflicker workflow from left to right.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: