• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 fangioli
Hi, I am getting familiar with LRT 3.4 and made some timelapses using holy grail. Now I ask if it is possible to make a lapse sequence with colour transition, for example, starting with full colour and ending with black and white, or starting with colour and ending in negative.
I imagine that I have to set some keyframes in the start and in the end and then apply auto transition, but I am not having success, something Im making wrong or is not possible with LRT 3? maybe with LRT 4? please any help is welcome
thank you
#2 Gunther
Of course you can do that kind of keyframing. The easiest would be to use 2 keyframes, one at the beginning, one at the end, then edit the last one and set the saturation to 0. Auto transition will then calculate the transition.
Please do not use the Black/White tab for the conversion, always saturation.
Making the image negative is not that easy since Lightroom does not bring a direct tool for that.

Please make sure to check out my instructions or even better my ebook to learn about the processes.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 fangioli
Thank you for your quick response! I supposed so but, you select a keyframe manually in LRT? what kind of keyframe, how many stars??
then, what workflow use, basic, deflicker, holy grail???
by the way, I found a way to making the negative in Lightroom!!  just develop the file, then go to the tone curve graph. there is a small square bottom right, click it . Position the cursor in the 0,0 point of the curve and slide fully upwards. Then go to the 100,100 point and slide fully downwards. That´s it! you get negative
Thanks
#4 Gunther
The point-tonecurve is not supported in LRT, so most likely you would not be able to animate that effect.

The normal workflow is the visual workflow. Just go though the workflow, the keyframes will get generated with the "Keyframes wizard" - there you can change the amount of keyframes with the slider. No need to set them manually.
#5 fangioli
visual = basic workflow , right? I have LRT 3.4
but, why there is a button in the right upper corner of LRT 3.4 which says "DNG conv"? It doesnt work 
so, If I use Photoshop CC I can edit the last image in negative, save it as a new jpg, replace in the time lapse sequence and then begin the edition  with LRT, in that way the colour tone effect will work, right?
Is there any place to look what features are supported by LRT? just to avoid trial and error....
the ebook contains enough detailed operation features of the software?
thank you
#6 Gunther
In LRT3 there is no "Visual Workflow" - just use the baisc workflow there.

It's not a button, it's an indicator, if the DNG Converter is instralled (it will be green then).

No it won't. LRTimelapse works on metadata basis, you cannot edit images in photoshop, this won't work.

The EBook contains all information you will need and explain the basics, it will certainly help you to get rid of some of those confusions :-)
#7 Gunther
BTW: Do you have a license of why are you using LRT3? Couldn't find a license registration for your EMail address. LRT3 does not work for unlicensed users anymore.
#8 fangioli
I am using LRT 3.4 because my son passed it with his old PC. I dont know what email he used when he got it
#9 Gunther
Just as an information: Licenses are personal ones, they might not be shared.
http://lrtimelapse.com/eula

...also check out: