• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another 'no key frames' thread.

#1 mikegml
I know this has been covered and I've checked the other threads and solutions but it's not working. I'm sure there's maybe some simple thing I’m forgetting to do here but I can't see it.

1. After loading a sequence the keyframes wizard 'usually' only sets 1 keyframe (frame 1) I have to manually add another keyframe myself (last frame).

2. After bringing the sequence back into Lightroom I select ‘LRT5 full sequence’ and read the metadata. I then select ‘LRT5 keyframes’ but it never shows any keyframes (4 star?) not even the 1st keyframe that LRT5 created?

I've repeated the process several times trying out different things but with no success.

Thanks

I've checked out this below and followed it but still find no solution.

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-key...vise-versa
#2 Gunther
This is no common problem, something is wrong in your workflow, maybe you are working on different folders because you used copy when importing instead of add or something else.
There is a step my step troubleshooting guide here (in the second part of my post, under "Update"): https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-key...vise-versa
I can only ask you to follow that and try to narrow down what's going on. That's the way to figure it out.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mikegml
Thanks Gunther.

I'm a bit ahead of you on this one. I read that link of yours before my first post and went through the steps but I'll do it again.

I specifically don't use the 'drag to lightroom' prefered method of importing files into LR so I'm certain I'm not working on a copy folder. All my files are already in Lightroom**. I tried 'removing' the folder and then 'dragged the sequence to LR' but after dragging to LR the files were recognized as being previously imported and were greyed out. (I was adding not copying).

I'll go through various procedures again to narrow it down.

** I don’t want to use the ‘drag to LR’ option. I sometimes have several sequences shot weeks earlier and will have imported these into Lightroom before wanting to work on them. Plus I do editing on some of these files separate from LRT5 work. I don’t only shoot timelapses. It would be confusing having these images stored out of Lightroom for long periods (and removing some of these folders temporarily so I can use the ‘drag to Lightroom’ option is even more confusing! (Images can be DNG or jpegs).
#4 Gunther
The "drag to Lightroom" is only a shortcut to "import" which combines import ans "Read Metadata".
So if the images are already in Lightroom, you can skip the "Drag to" and just select the whole sequence and do Metadata / Read Metadata from files".

From what you write, that you removed the sequence from Lightroom, then tried to import again and Lightroom then told you that the images were already in lightroom shows, that something is messed up. You need to make sure, that you have only one copy of those images on your harddrive and that that copy is linked exactly one time in Lightroom. Normally with the regular workflow that's the case. If you do it differently, you need to take special care.

After you made that sure, in LRTimelapse do "Metadata / Initialize" to give a clean start, then create the keyframes and save. Now with the sequence that is already in Lightroom, go to Grid View (G), set the filter to "LRT Full sequence", select all images and do "Metadata / Read Metadata from files".

BTW: This is all basics, that are explained in the instructions: https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/visual-workflow
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: