• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synchronize exposure and trigger of several (Sony) Cameras

#1 Ulli
Hi,
any ideas for this besides qdslDashbord via USB which will not work with my Sonys?
4 different smartphones with manually switching the settings seems not an elegant solution ...

Regards, Uli
#2 Sheeba
Would an interval timer that can control more than 2 cameras and set the exposure time work?
How many cameras should be controlled synchronously?
Regards, Hans
#3 Gunther
Hi Uli,
for 4 cameras I would use 2 signal splitters, each connected to one port of your LRT PRO Timer.
You can easily split the release signal of the LRT PRO Timer to trigger two cameras in parrallel.
That way you would be able to trigger 4 cameras simultaneously.
In theory you could also split to more than 2 cameras, but I'd not recommend that to not damage the output ports of the timer.
Such a simple splitter doesn't need any electronics apart from wiring two trs plugs in parallel.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Ulli
Thanks Hans and Gunther,
the triggering itself isn't really a point - I already soldered a splitter ;-) But after the first testshots I thougt quickly about doing a holy grail for a panoramic shot ;-)
So it would be great to synchonize the exposures of the Cams and I didn't found a solution for this very specific demand. There's one for Sony action cams or similar but not for DSLM/DSLR. qDSLR Dashboard via wifi is only possible with one Cam and USB isn't possible with (most?) Sonys. Perhaps someone has another idea ...
A kind of bulbramping would be possible with an external trigger but I think this wouldn't work well especially with different cams.
#5 Sheeba
Hi Uli,
you currently have a LRT PTF ESP II from me for testing. Have a look at the mode "Ramping". With it you can do a Bulb Ramping with different parameters, which you can also change during the recording.
Additionally I can offer you a splitter box, which decouples the cameras by diodes. See attached picture!
Regards,
Hans
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#6 Gunther
Qdslrdashboard actually is supposed to work with multiple Cameras if you use an open WRT Router (given your cameras are supported by qDDB). For more details please contact Zoltan.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: