• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best Macbook laptop to edit timelapses

#1 Teditedi
Hello everyone!
I'm currently using a MacBook 13 M1 with 16 GB of RAM with LRtimelapse and lightroom, as well using a Nikon d7200, so the raw images size are almost around 24/30 MB.

My question is: which laptop are you guys using to edit your sequences without having troubles in rendering time?
In my case for example I edit a sequence of 500 images and all the process takes me around 1 hour or more.
Overall even playing a video of 2 GB size the Mac doesn't perform well and the video is interrupted constantly.

I'm kinda concern about the performance of the Mac so wanna have some advice to get a new faster laptop, I'll prefer stay on Apple.

Thanks in advance!
#2 Gunther
Hmm, normally that Laptop should do quite fine with LRTimelapse 6 (make sure to use the Silicon version) and Lightroom Classic (Use 11.3.1 since 11.4 has a bug), see: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lig...ort-plugin

Editing timelapse is not a job you do in 5 minutes.
Video Playback performance depends on so many variables... The video format, the resolution, the player etc. If you provide more information, maybe we can tell you what's going on.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Teditedi
When I render a timelapse and i want to see the final result I just use the "eye option" on Finder.
Eventually I export the 4K files in iMovie or davinci resolve, but same problem, the sequences most of the time are interrupted and you can't watch it like normal.
Btw I'm using an external ssd Samsung t7 but even though I'm using the internal ssd this problem is always noticeable, so kinda the workflow isn't smooth and you have to wait.
Also my internal ssd is almost empty so should be work fine actually.
Btw thank you!
#4 AryannaDickson
As far as I know, your problem is common enough. If you are experiencing problems with this system, check your computer for viruses and big data. The operating system is very powerful, so installing programs and updates is no problem. But the most important thing is not to get viruses when downloading files and installing applications. If you plan to buy a new MacBook, ensure that you can provide software support in case of need. Getting viruses is quite common among MacBook users. Of course, many programs help clear viruses from your system. Quality virus removal will help to avoid problems related to the operating system. https://cleanmymac.com/blog/remove-malware-virus-mac

...also check out: