• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

cannot replace RTC battery

#1 pisgahtime
I have several Pro Timer 2.5, one of the units I cannot get the battery and board out of to replace the CR1220. I have pulled loose the wires of the main 3.7V battery while trying to gently remove it. It is fully wedged/stuck in the case. The other units did not have this issue. The main board slides easily about 10mm out of the case then catches on the main battery which is itself stuck on something inside and will not come out further.

I am eventually able to extract everything by using several very thin spudgers. The soft pad on top of the battery had rolled up (I guess when it was put in) and then jammed the battery down, not allowing it to get past the short rails on the inside of the case. In pulling the wires this also deformed the front edge of the wrap where it is soldered worsening the clearance. I also note this battery has a bit of 'bulge' in it which again causes clearance issues.

Is it possible to use generic LP503035 battery to replace?
#2 Gunther
Try pressing the knob from the other side to not put too much tension on the wires.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 pisgahtime
Pushing the knob only pushes the battery into the inner rails and jams it. I could only get it out by using the spudgers to get the battery to over them.
#4 Gunther
So did manage to get it out?
#5 pisgahtime
Yes, it is out but the wires pulled off and it is slightly deformed. I have ordered a new one. I believe the cause was the little pad on top had rolled up when installed which forced the battery down where it caught on the inner side rails and would not come out. In my other units the battery came out easily. I could send a photo if you like.
#6 Gunther
Thanks for sending the photo and sorry for that experience. I cam only imagine the the foam got hot some time, maybe in a car and therefore glued to the battery. In later batches of the 2.5 (and of course the LRT PRO Timer 3) we already changed this, there is no foam in those anymore to hold the battery, we modified the case internally.
#7 pisgahtime
Follow-up. I replaced both batteries with ADAFRUIT INDUSTRIES 1578 Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 500mAh. The 1578 is aka the LP503035.

https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/product-fi...th+PCM.pdf

...also check out: