• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Error Writing xmp

#1 cyclingg
Hi,

I just installed LRTimelapse 4.7.6 to try it out.  I followed the video tutorial and ran into a problem. 

I have a short sequence of 70 images from Canon 7D Mark II (cr2).
The images loaded into LRTimelapse and I can scrub through the video at the top left.  It is a pretty consistent exposure and so I only used 2 keyframes, one at the start and one at the end.  The blue and yellow lines are straight (I assume it is because the lighting was the same throughout the sequence).  The blue line is below the yellow line.  I then hit the Save XMP button and got this error message: "ERROR writing: 20170525-MG_0088-1.xmp" for all the images (images are numbered -1, -2 etc).  I clicked on the Drag to Lightroom button to see if it works and I can import the images; but, there are no keyframes.

Are my images named wrong?  Or is it the number of keyframes I added?  Or is it something else?

Thanks.
#2 cyclingg
Well, I found out from Gunther that I have an access to my F drive problem.

I copied the folder of images to another drive and I am able to continue without the error message. In LR, I see the images that have keyframes.

I compared the security settings for both drives and they are set the same. In fact, all my drives access permissions are set the same; so, I do not know why LRTimelapse cannot save the XMP files/data to F drive.

I will have to do my time lapses on my E drive instead of F drive. But, I do wish I knew why F drive does not work (I can edit images on F drive in Lightroom).

Thanks for your help, Gunther.
#3 cyclingg
I found the answer as to why I cannot save the XMP files on my F drive on another thread/topic. Bitdefender 2017 thought the "javaw.exe" was ransomware and prevented it to be used. I added it to my trusted sites section and now I am able to save the XMP files to my F drive. I wonder why I was able to save the XMP files on my E drive. Windows drives me crazy sometimes.
#4 Gunther
It's not windows. It's crappy virus scanners...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Sad --> About Export Error
zetserve
2019-08-17, 18:52
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: