• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is my camera going to be a problem?

#11 imjjill
According to the manual, the D800 has an aperture lock option. It basically achieves the same thing as clamping the aperture (without the damage Smile. I was just wondering if the aperture could be contained in a desired setting, shouldn't that allow for more choices in settings, as it's movement wouldn't cause exposure variances between frames?
#12 BillinNM
(2012-12-30, 23:14)imjjill Wrote: According to the manual, the D800 has an aperture lock option. It basically achieves the same thing as clamping the aperture (without the damage Smile. I was just wondering if the aperture could be contained in a desired setting, shouldn't that allow for more choices in settings, as it's movement wouldn't cause exposure variances between frames?

I am a new D800 owner, although I haven't yet used it for TL. The camera does indeed have an aperture lock function, but it does not work as you described. Once you set the lock, via the menu, it means you are prevented from changing the aperture by turning the command dial, until you unlock it via the menu. However, even when locked, the aperture is not closed down to your selected f-stop. As in normal shooting, the aperture doesn't close down until you fire the shutter. So, unfortunately, the lock function doesn't do as you'd hope. Too bad! That would be a great feature.

Bill

...also check out: