• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Long term workflow, auto-contrast ?

#1 vpsprod
Hello,

I'm a new user to LRtimelapse and I have a few questions.

I need to make a construction timelapse over 5 months, some days are very sunny, others very cloudy.

So what would be awsome is to be able to automatically REDUCE the contrast (or with a combination of highlights and shadows) on sunny days and INCREASE it on cloudy days, so that overall the pictures have similar contrast values.

Now, LRTimelapse KNOWS which pictures are low contrast and which are high contrast. So there should be a way..

Ok to be clear what I really want to do is this : take the picture amongst the 3000+ with the higher contrast, edit it in Lightroom to reduce it, and do the opposite with an image of a very cloudy day. THEN I would like a software to analyse every other image and do the balance automatically.. (excuse my english)

Maybe LRtimelapse is not the tool to do this, maybe you can do this in Lightroom or another adobe software ?

Please I need help :'(

Thank you !
#2 Gunther
You can use the contrast filter, bring the images with low contrast to a separate folder as explained in my long term tutorial https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial then edit that sequence individually - after that process the images with high contrast in a separate folder and at the end move all images back into one folder again. Make sure to not apply the autotransition after merging them again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: