• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LrC unable to read metadata after modifying in LRT

#1 jstacy
All,

I have been using LRT for a short period of time now successfully. Love the tool however I ran into an issue a couple days ago and I am unable to resolve the issue. I am hoping someone else here has ran into this issue and knows what I need to do. Below is the scenario

1. I open the folder in LRT set Keyframes, save and drag to LrC
2. I make my adjustments in LrC to the key frames (in this case just one)
3 Reload in LRT perform auto transition, visual previews and then visual deflicker (at this point everything looks great in LRT)
4. Go to LrC in Library mode select all photos and chose Read metadata from files

At this point I get exclamation points on all the photos with the error "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo" I reached out to Adobe and they said the photo was corrupt and that I needed to reload the photo from the camera... (btw Adobe is absolutely wrong about that) So just to make sure I am not losing my mind I removed the old photos and reloaded fresh from the camera and performed the process above again and received the exact same results.

This is not a very long time-lapse but still something is happening during step 3 that LrC apparently doesn't like. Has anyone run into this before and if so how did you resolve it. Also I have created other time-lapse with LRT without issue.

Thank you in advance for any help!
#2 Gunther
Hi, could you try to redo the workflow from scratch. For that invoke "Metadata / Initialize" in LRTimelapse. Remove the sequence from Lightroom.
Then proceed through workflow again from the beginning.
Make sure to always use the latest version of LRTimelapse, you'll find it on https://lrtimelapse.com/download/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Bayshore254
I had exact same problem. I deleted all the xmp files, restarted several times. Same error. The only thing I could do is use Adobe Bridge. It could read the xmp files. So I exported using bridge and then went back to LRT for render.
#4 Gunther
If you could isolate a short sample sequence of say 10 images that show that problem, please send it to me via wetransfer or https://fromsmash.com/ to support@lrtimelapse.com
#5 jstacy
Ok redoing the workflow didn't work... and sorry been busy and just now getting back to this sequence. What I had to do I to fix this was basically delete all the files from that folder and remove from LrC then reloaded everything back from the camera and redo all my post edits. Only then was I able to follow the workflow fully and render the video.
#6 venti
In 5.6.1 and 5.6.2, I have the same symptoms.
The message "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo" appears on the LRC (10.4 Release Camera Raw 13.4) and cannot be read.
#7 Gunther
Please only use 5.6.2. Then do the following:
1.) Remove the sequence from Lightroom.
2.) Load the sequence into LRTimelapse, do "Metadata / Clear Metadata". When you get asked if you want to reinitialize, say yes.
3.) Start over the workflow from scratch.
Let me know, if that helped.
#8 venti
1. I used only 5.6.2.
2. Remove in Lightroom.
3. Delete lrt folder
4. Delete the xmp file.

After that, I used 5.6.2.

There is an error message that cannot be read by LrC.
#9 Gunther
Could you send me a sample of 10 images including xmp via smash or wetransfer to support(at) lrtimelapse.com so that I can try to reproduce this?
#10 venti
support@lrtimelapse.com

I sent the file.

...also check out: