• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adjustment brush - maximum number is two?

#1 lightime
Hi,

What is the maximum number of adjustment brushers that LRtimelapse can control?
In a previous post I saw you saying that lrtimelapse only supports two Brushstrokes, and instead try to use radial gradients.

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-spo...ush--10009

The only way around would be to use Ltimelapse/Lightroom to brush the original with two brushes, export it from lightroom into DNG and then start the process again to use lrtimelapse/lightroom to use two more brushes, kind of a "crazy workflow"

Any other idea, besides the circular filters?

----------
Editing a 360º day to night timelapse city panorama at 17.400x8.700 pixels in DNG

The original is produced in ptgui and output as TIFF 16 bits.
Imported in lightroom and exported as DNG.

Then I can work with lrtimelapse/lightroom

PtGUi can't export in DNG and Lrtimelapse can't import TIFF.

Lightroom 8.4.1
Lightromm 9
Lrtimelapse 3.2.1
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse can animate up to two brush strokes, but only the parameters, not the position.
XMP format limits the length of Brush strokes and they are slow to process and inflate the XMP files.
I'd only use them in a sparing way.
If you do more than 2 strokes, the 3rd, 4rth and others will be taken over by LRT, but not animated.
If you exceed brush usage, LR will truncate the XMP and you'll get errors.
In all my timelapse work, all of this was never a restriction for me. There is always another way in LR to do the task.

Your exporting to DNG approach won't work, since DNG is only a wrapper.

---
Your panorama:
As I said, DNG is only a Wrapper for TIFF. If you wrap TIFF into DNG you can use the visual workflow in LRT and do deflickering etc. but of course, it won't transform a TIFF back into a raw file.
For panoramas, the only way to stay with a raw file, is to use Lightroom to merge the panoramas. This will create "Raw"-DNGs. You'll see the difference on the Whitebalance tools for example. With the latest LR versions, you can also do the panorama merge in batch.

Are you really using LRTimelapse 3? You should definitely use 5. LRT 3 is outdated and out of support and many things (like Visual Previews and Visual Deflicker) don't exist there.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lightime
Ok, got the idea.

1. The only way to to stay in raw in panorama 360º is to use lightroom to merge the panoramas.
Didn't know that, thx.

2. 1. As you said, DNG is a wrapper, so if I export to DNG from the lrtimepase/lightroom workflow, imported the DNG file I created, and the file have all the development parameters that was created in lightroom, it's the same file as before.

2.2. The only way would to export to tiff from lrtimelapse/lightroom workflow, convert it back to DNG, and start the process again with lrtimelase/lightroom. just crazy...

3. Using lrtimelapse 5.3.1, silly mistake from my part, just bought it last week.

I'm just assuming that lightroom instead of writing directly to the xmp file. all those brushes in lightroom are stored in their own catalog file.

Anyway, very nice piece of software, keep up the good work, just a pity of those limitations of the of the xmp format.

lightime

...also check out: