• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT not reading keyframes properly from LR?

#1 Matty Hannon
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience or similar difficulties with LRT mis-reading the lightroom keyframes?

I have a relatively basic starlapse that goes from sunset to morning. Yesterday I was trying to use the HolyGrail tool, the rotate and stretch parameters were not getting the overall adjustment line to the right spot, and no matter what I tried, the end result was something waaay different to the keyframes I had edited in lightroom.

So I deleted all the xmp files and completely started afresh with new imports and editing of keyframes in lightroom etc.

I tried to use the visual workflow tab, but skipped pressing the holygrail button. However, for some reason LRT is producing the same result as yesterday.

I tried moving to the basic workflow tab (where the HG tool is not available) but again same result.

Each time, LRTimelapse is overcompensating, or making it's own interpretation of what the timelapse should look like and not referencing the key frames from lightroom properly. This is obvious because the final keyframe in lightroom is beginning to look like morning (exposed and edited correctly) whereas the final fram in LRtimelaspe once visual previews have been applied is so underexposed that it's almost black...

I've developed about 30 timelapses in the last week, maybe more now, and haven't run into this issue. Am I somehow doing something wrong? Is it because there's a couple of manual adjustments to the raw photo exposure in the field and so LRT automatically applies the little orange triangles and the holy grail tool?

Many thanks,

Matt

...also check out: