• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse incompatible with Windows 10

#1 cvlemmike
I have downloaded the latest version of LRTimelapse on a trial basis on my pc running windows 10 32 bit version. Download and installation ran without problems, but when I try to load the program, most of the times I only get a quick flash on the screen but the program does not load. After a restart of the pc I once in a hvile succeed to load the program, and when up and running it works fine. I tried the compatibility test and got the answer: not compatible. I have downloaded the program on my laptop running Windows 10 64 bit and here it is running without problem. Is there a problem with the 32 bit windows version?
#2 Gunther
For anyone reading this thread: of course LRTimelapse 4 runs fine on WIndows 10!

LRTimelapse normally is designed to run on 64bit machines and OS because it reserves quite a lot of memory by default. So it might not start, if you have some other programs started. So either, you close all other programs before launching LRT, or:
If you run it on 32bit, then you could use the alternative launcher "LRTimelapse (small Memory)" - check your start menu under "LRTimelapse".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 paulof
Hi.
Same problem here. And it is not memory problem...i have 56 Gb of it on 64 bit Intel CPU.
I want to purchase a license but it has two much problems to run on my workflow. Could this be fixed? Maybe java incompatible? Windows 10 has java embebed but i try to install it on other browser (Firefox) but no success.
#4 nordi
I have the same problem under Windows 10 on a 64bit-system. When I start you only see working for a short time and then you see nothing.
#5 Gunther
Then you have the wrong java version installed. Please uninstall all java instances via control panel, then install the latest 64bit java from the link provided here: http://lrtimelapse.com/install
#6 nordi
No, I have already installed Java Version 8 Update 73. Before I deinstalled the old versions. - Do I need special environment variables? Like _JAVA_PATH in the user variables? I have already tried it, but now I don't use it. Do I need a variable for specifying the max working storage for Java? In the system variable 'Path' there is the path vor java defined (C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath).
#7 Gunther
You don't need to configure anything manually. In fact if you start playing with those variable you might be messing up things.
It's crucial that you have installed the 64bit java on a 64bit machine, otherwise LRT will not get enough memory.

Try launching LRTimelapse with the LRTimelapse.cmd file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4 and post the output of the console window that will pop up here.
#8 rodrigo
Hi Guys,

I am running LRTimelapse pro on Windows 10, 64bits with 12 Gig of RAM memory and a Envidia graphics card; whithout any trouble. If anything it is a little bit slow but that is due to the amount of RAM memory , me think.

kind regards,

Rodrigo
#9 nordi
Hi, here is the output:

C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>rem --------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>rem don't modify underneath this line unless you know what you are doing...
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>rem --------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>SET prog_path=C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>IF "AMD64" == "x86" SET prog_path=C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>IF EXIST "C:\Program Files" set prog_path=C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>IF EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)" set prog_path=C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>IF EXIST "C:\Programme" set prog_path=C:\Programme
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>"C:\Programme\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -jar LRTimelapse.jar
Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>set prog_path=
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>set java_path=
C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

Maybe in German die subdirectories are called ProgramData (= Program Files), Programme, Programme (x86) . Java is installed on my system on
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath . So the first IF EXIST doesn't fit.

Bye
Norbert
#10 Gunther
Hi Norbert, which version of LRTimelapse are you using? This does not look like the latest CMD file provided. Please reinstall LRTimelapse.

Then edit the CMD file. After the first 5 lines starting with "rem" you'll find: set java_path=\Java\jre7\bin\ - just provide the right path to your jre\bin folder there.
Again: this is only for debugging purposes - normally, if you have installed the java from the location provided at http://lrtimelapse.com/install you'd just install LRTimelapse and use the regular programm launcher. No need to mess with anything manually!

...also check out: