• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Mac: LRTimelapse keeps telling me that it couldn't write stubs...

#1 Gunther
UPDATE: As of Version 1.6.1 the LRTimelapse-user-Folder ist named LRTimelapse (without ".") - so it is not hidden anymore and visible right in your home-directory. On Mac type "LRTimelapse" in the finder search box to locate the directory.

In some rare cases LRTimelapse might not be able to generate the (normally hidden) Folder ".LRTimelapse" inside your user directory.

In this case it helps to create it manually. Because of the leading "." you have to use a little trick:

--> this shouldn't have any side effects but anyway: do this on your own risk! <--

open your terminal (Applications/Utilities/Terminal)

type the following commands:

PHP Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder 

now the finder respawns and shows your hidden files and alows to create them as well.
Go to your userdirectory and create a folder named ".LRTimelapse" inside it.

Now LRTimelapse should be able to write to this folders to save preferences and stubs.

To restore the old behaviour (finder doesn't show hidden files) return to the terminal and type the following commands:

PHP Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder 

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 trippfay

(2011-10-08, 20:06)gwegner Wrote: On some systems LRTimelapse is not able to generate the (normally hidden) Folder ".LRTimelapse" inside your the directory.

In this case it helps to create it manually. Because of the leading "." you have to use a little trick:

open your terminal (Applications/Utilities/Terminal)

type the following commands:

PHP Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder 

now the finder shows your hidden files and alows to create them as well.
Go to your userdirectory and create a folder named ".LRTimelapse" inside it.

Now LRTimelapse should be able to write to this folders to save preferences and stubs.

To restore the old behaviour (finder doesn't show hidden files) return to the terminal and type the following commands:

PHP Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder 

I really need more direction here, do I type all of that text on the same line into the terminal at once?

Also, where do I create the file in my directory? When I try to create it under my home directory it says "You can’t use a name that begins with a dot “.”, because these names are reserved for the system. Please choose another name."
#3 Gunther
(2011-11-22, 04:46)trippfay Wrote: I really need more direction here, do I type all of that text on the same line into the terminal at once?

Also, where do I create the file in my directory? When I try to create it under my home directory it says "You can’t use a name that begins with a dot “.”, because these names are reserved for the system. Please choose another name."

It's two separate commands.
Type defaults write .... <enter>
than type
killall finder <enter> to restart the finder.

The first block will allow you to create folders with a leading dot. The second will restore the default behaviour.
#4 trippfay
(2011-11-22, 11:17)gwegner Wrote:
(2011-11-22, 04:46)trippfay Wrote: I really need more direction here, do I type all of that text on the same line into the terminal at once?

It's two separate commands.
Type defaults write .... <enter>
than type
killall finder <enter> to restart the finder.

The first block will allow you to create folders with a leading dot. The second will restore the default behaviour.

For some reason I thought the "ll" in All was capitalized. Using your software now and LOVING it!
#5 Gunther
I'm glad we could sort that out.
Have fun with LRTimelapse! (and don't forget to donate if you use it frequently ;-))

...also check out: