• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Motion Controller setup recommendations for USA

#1 AlaskaChad
I am relatively new to time-lapse photography, and have practicing with aurora for the past several months. I would like to delve deeper into this hobby and incorporate a slider and motion controller. Most of my work will be night-sky, aurora, and landscape compositions. However, I’d also like to use the equipment for occasional real time video of our band performances. Researching Gunther’s eBook, I’m leaning toward the Black Forest Motion Pine R controller, and probably a 1 or 2-axis head. I’m considering both a 5:1 and 14:1 motor for use both with time-lapse and video, and the BFM Carbon Slider.

It sounds like power banks have been challenging to find in the USA that work well with this system. As I live in the USA, are the above choices still the best option? Is there a recommended power bank easily accessible? Any recommendations for changes? I already have and love the LRTimelapse Pro Timer and use the LRTimelapse software. My primary camera is a Canon R5 and Sigma 14mm 1.8 ART lens. Thank you.
#2 Moritz Huber
Hi Alaska Chad,

we at Black Forest Motion now also have the QCP Stick. With this Stick you can use any Powerbank which supports Quick Charge 3. I guess you will find a lot of this power banks out in the US.

The Stick will power the controller with 12V.
https://blackforestmotion.com/product/qc...ontroller/

All the best,
Moritz
#3 AlaskaChad
Thank you Moritz.

Do any US based users have a powerbank they use with a Pine controller and recommend?

...also check out: