• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best Sony Camera For Astrotimelapse

#1 EdgeVisuals
Hi everyone I hope you are all well and safe at this time.

Im currently shooting Timelapse with my Sony A7III. I'm looking at investing in another Sony camera as a second camera, to use whilst the A7III is time lapsing but also to Timelapse with too. Idea being that I can have one very long Timelapse going, find some nice compositions nearby and shoot them with my other camera and then set that up too as a Timelapse camera for several hours.

What would people suggest? I had thought about just getting another A7III as I love mine but do any of the other Sony cams handle high ISO better?
Most of my photography and Timelapse happens at night and sunset/sunrise. My A7III does a great job so I'm happy to just get another but wondered if maybe the A9 or A7RII or RIII might handle noise better?
#2 Enrico Righetti
Hi, may be, of 4k Is enough for you, Sony a7s Is the best option for astrotimelapse
#3 ApsisImagery
So I have an a7rii, an a7riii and an a7s and I shoot a lot of astro on all three. The S is the clear hands down winner and it's not even close. ISO 6400 on the a7s has noticeably less noise than 3200 on the a7riii. I'd imagine the a7sii would be even better and I'm almost drooling for next week's announcement on the a7siii...

That said, they ALL still do a pretty good job with astro (and I'd say improving your lenses will have an even bigger impact than improving your body) so if astro is not your only or even primary use case, I'd probably recommend the r3 or even r4, as they're much more well-rounded.

...also check out: