• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Settings not recognized when I go back to an old sequence.

#1 dwhitebread
I will occasionally go back to an old sequence and want to change some aspects of the processing. Fairly often, LRT does not recognize all of my old Lightroom settings, that I assume should still be in the xmp files, so I have to start from scratch. It doesn't help to re-edit and save in LR, and then Reload into LRT, and everything is up to date. I haven't found a pattern to which ones don't work, but it may have to do with the fact that I'm processing some sequences on a laptop while I'm traveling, and then importing later to my main computer at home.

Is there a protocol for easily re-editing old sequences?

Thanks,
Don
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse will automatically load the XMPs with all settings. Normally you can move the whole folder to another computer and all settings will be there in LRTimelapse.
Of course, since Lightroom primarily works on its catalog, you need to import the sequence into Lightroom (via add) on a computer where you didn't have it before - or, if it's already in that catalog, do "Metadata / Read Metadata from Files" to update the Catalog with the XMP data.

Please note, that you will only see the edits in LRT visuall after activating the "Visual Previews". Otherwise the settings will only be visible in the Table and the Curves.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 dwhitebread
Thanks Gunther, I think I have a combination of factors going on, including user error. Very helpful to know that Visual Previews makes the edits visible.

...also check out: