• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Speeding Up Workflow

#1 starman99
Hi, I'm trying to speed up my workflow for long Timelapses that typically include over 5000 files. Initially LRTL loads the files very fast (M1 Max MacBook Pro). But then it loads the EXIF data which is slower to load. I'm wondering if it's required to load EXIF data and if not, how do I skip that data from loading? Thanks! Rick
#2 Gunther
It's required to have the Exif Data loaded, LRTimelapse relies on it. 5000 files is a lot for a timelapse, you should make sure to have them on a fast SSD. Exif Data will only be loaded once. After that, it will be cached and subsequent loading will be much faster.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 starman99
The sequence is on a Synology DS1522 NAS using a network card @ 10mbs. MPB has 64GB of ram and 16 cores. I could move the files off to my MPB 2TB SSD or an external SSD if you think processing would go a lot faster.
#4 Gunther
It's never a good idea to work straight from a nas, not even with 10GbE - let alone 10 mbs... That's way too little bandwidth. I'd recommend you copy the files on a local SSD for processing. Later, you can move them to the NAS for archiving purposes.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 starman99
Sorry, mistyped. It is 10Gbe. ;-) Will give moving them off the NAS a shot and see how it goes.
HDR workflow
bojanv55
2024-08-17, 09:16
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: