• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunrise Post Processing

#1 Jim Ruff
I shoot sunrises/sunsets using LRTimelapse's Holy Grail technique. However, I shot a wonderful sunrise but accidentally left the camera in Aperture Priority mode instead of Manual mode. Result -- too much flicker.

I would like to recover this sunrise sequence with minimum of flicker. Would appreciate your suggestion(s) on best possible technique?

Many thanks,
Jim
#2 Gunther
I'd suggest you try the defilcker only workflow, make sure that there are no orange Keyframes sett (Keyframes/Create Even Spaced Keyframes). Then go through the workflow, you might have to use the two step deflicker approach (search the forum for this).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 JonathanDeanMay
I also have flicker, most noticeable in blue sky above a sunset. Could be a result of processing as you have suggested in another thread, but if I was to try the deflicker workflow would I start from scratch and reinitialize everything?
#4 Gunther
Yes, I'd recommend doing so.
#5 JonathanDeanMay
I have 40 "jumps" made by dslrDB that the deflicker workflow has identified with ** and***. So match exposures on all? :-( Actually it shouldn't take TOO long...
#6 Gunther
You told me that you shot in A mode before. Then those "jumps" does not come from DslrDashboard but from the automatic adjustments the camera did.

So, if you shot in A mode, remove all those keyframes - initialize, use the deflicker workflow skip the keyframes wizard, if needed manually create some 1* keyframes.

If you used qDslrDashboard (you will always be forced to bring the camera to M mode then) - use the Holy Grail workflow, the "HG-Wizard" will automatically make all adjustments and leveling then. It's all explained in my tutorials and ebook btw.
#7 JonathanDeanMay
No that wasn't me in A mode Gunther. I hijacked Jim's thread Sad as I had flicker too, even though I originally used the HG workflow . My sunset was shot with automation from dslrDB. Camera was set to M. Sorry for confusion.
#8 Gunther
Okay, if you shot with qDDB, just use the Holy Grail workflow like I explained in the Holy Grail tutorial: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
#9 JonathanDeanMay
I did try HG already and the result had flickery sky. I will try again from scratch (with the tutorial open beside me! Smile )

But theoretically, is it possible to impose additional deflicker on a HG sequence?
#10 JonathanDeanMay
I started from scratch and went through the HG workflow again. Do you think the flicker can be improved?

[Video: http://youtu.be/wlwSGRMxocs]

...also check out: