• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The image does not appear in the preview window.

#1 T.Koshika
When I select a folder, the image does not appear in the preview window. Also, the table does not show the Preview Lum value. And the icon of "Adobe DNG Converter" is forever dancing at the bottom of the screen. It's been more than 24 hours in this state and nothing has changed.
This problem occurs only with a specific DNG file "New DNG folder", but not with other DNG files.
Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Mem: 16GB
SDD: 1TB
LRTimelapse: 5.7.1
Adobe DNG converter: 14.0
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
First thing I'd try is to allow LRTimelapse "Full Disk Access": https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-wil...-and-later
If that also doesn't help, most likely those files in that folder are not supported by the Adobe DNG Converter. Which files are those?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gunther
I've just seen your Screenshots. It seems those are some special Dng files from DxO which might not be standard.
LRTimelapse supports only Dng files according to the Adobe standard.

Usually it also doesn't make sense to do edits before the LRTimelapse workflow because then LRTimelapse will not be working on the raw files anymore.
The best way is to use the LRTimelapse workflow on the raw files, do as many edits as possible in Lightroom. Only if that's not enough, do further processing on the exported intermediary stuff sequence, as explained in the expert tips tutorial #10 on https://LRTimelapse/tutorial/expert - here the example is after effects, but you could also use other software like DxO.
#4 T.Koshika
Hi gwegner-san,
I see. It was a rudimentary mistake.
I learned that the solution is to make DxO PureRaw process last.

The noise reduction of DxO PureRaw is so good that I can set the brightness of noise reduction in Lightroom as 30 to 80 less than usual.
However, you need to adjust it while looking at the image to see exactly how much less you can reduce. That's why I thought I would do the DxO PureRaw processing first, and then check the image in Lightroom while applying the noise reduction.
However, I realized that this is not possible when LRTimelapse processing is included in the workflow.
#5 T.Koshika
I have found a more efficient workflow.
0. RAW files from each camera manufacturer
1. convert to DNG file in Adobe Lightroom or Adobe DNG converter
2. convert to DNG file by processing in DxO PureRaw
3. working with LRTimelapse

Processing by DxO PureRaw at the end of the workflow is actually inefficient. Because not only the noise reduction but also the angle of view may change, and if the final result is not satisfactory, there is a possibility to operate LRTimeplase again.
This will reduce the time loss in case of backtracking.

<Note>
I failed in the following work flow.
*LRTimelapse did not recognize the DNG file.
0. RAW files from each camera manufacturer
1. convert to DNG file by DxO PureRaw processing
2. work of LRTimelapse
#6 Gunther
Thanks for sharing.
One thing is important: DNG files are only envelopes for either Raw, Tiff, JPG etc. files. It's important to know which type of data is embedded in a DNG after the "conversion".

In the first step, when you convert a RAW into DNG in Lightroom, you will still have a RAW-DNG - the RAW Conversion didn't happen yet (you can still work on "absolute" White Balance values for example - Numbers will be 5800 or similar.

In the second step, when you export a DNG from DxO it will be a TIFF inside a DNG, which means, the Raw Conversion already happened. For example you won't be able to make true White Balance editing anymore (Lightroom will show relative Whitebalance values - like 0).

So every Keyframe editing with LRT/LR that you do on DNGs from DxO will be limited in their edibility because those are in fact already developed TIFFs and not Raw files.

For me, therefore this workflow has more disadvantages than it has advantages. If used correctly the Lightroom Raw Converter also can do a pretty decent noise reduction (if that's what you are after) - also I find that todays cameras don't produce much noise anyway if exposed properly.
#7 T.Koshika
Thanks for your reply, Gwegner.
In my case (second step) it was still possible to adjust the absolute white balance (2000-50000K) when exporting DNG from DxO.
It's strange.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

...also check out: