• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

upside down DSLR on emotimo/ DP slider

#1 DaveHi50
I have seen some really nice shots mounting the camera upside down on an emotimo and DP slider. I had thought this was accomplished with a special mounting device but in a behind the scenes shot I noticed the camera was just upside down. Is there a setting in the camera's menu that will flip the image?
Is this accomplished in post production?

Thanks for any input.
#2 richparry
If there is an option to flip the image in the camera menu, I think it would be useful to know what camera you have. My guess was that it was done in post, but just a guess unless it is a GoPro camera, which does indeed have a flip image option.

The main reason I am responding is I would like to see some of the videos you are referring to, it sounds interesting.
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#3 Michael Lloyd
It's a simple set of keystrokes to select all images and rotate 180 degrees so I imagine it's done in post. My guess is that they are using a Bogen "Magic Arm" to hold the camera.
#4 DaveHi50
Here's the video clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oUaImAwuoQ#t=34 go to 0.33 to see the camera mounted upside down and .38 to see the timlapse.

I use a Canon 1DX and emotimo TB3 with a Dynamic Perceptions Dolly.
#5 richparry
Dave, thanks for pointing out the point of interest in the video.

I'd say the images were rotated 90 degrees twice, I can't think of any post processing software that won't do that. Very easy to select a thousand photos, hit rotate twice and it's done. I might be missing something, but I think that's all they did.

From what I see the camera is mounted normally, it is the slider that is upside down.

Anyway, good luck.
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.

...also check out: