• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ver7 - Rendering NEFs without Lightroom?

#1 Piero
Sorry for the silly question but I I'm trying to render a sequence of over 3000 images.
All the editing process with LR has been done (except the export to LR) and the preview of the final clip looks awesome, however, after finishing the rendering process LRT shows an error staiting: there are no jpg in the source folder (or something similar) and no clip is generated.

My quetion is: if LRT cannot render a sequence directly from NEF source files without using LR, why it accepts the command to begin the render process (that btw takes hours) and does not advise that it cannot be done?
I assumed that with ver7 this could be done.

I think the error is on my side of course but can't figure out where.
Thank you.
Piero

PS: New user of course Wink

Attached the redering bar proceeding regulary
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
That's not how it's supposed to be done.
You need to differentiate between the source NEF folder and the exported intermediate LRT_* folder (shown in blue).
In you screenshot you loaded the LRT_ folder into the main window, you shouldn't do that!

In my tutorials I explain that you should use different locations for the original sequences and the exports, like:
- Timelapse RAW
----Your Sequence 1
----Your NEF Sequence 2
- Timelapse Done
----LRT_Your Seq 1

That way you don't get that confusion.
You should even have gotten a warning when trying to load that LRT_ folder telling you not to do that, obviously you ignored that :-)

To fix this now and not have to reexport everything:
In the menu, go to File/Render Video - on the top right click on Choose and select the preexported intermediate sequence (LRT_EditingSequence). Now render that with the chosen settings.

In the future:
Just load the NEF folder into the main window. Do your editing only on that folder and then click on "Export and Render".
leave the LRT_* folders alone, they are for internal user and rerendering only, not for editing.
When you get asked to define an output folder, just choose "Timelapse Done" - let all LRT_ folders and Videos go there, not where your original files are.

Please (re)watch the Basic Tutorial on https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/basic
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Piero
Thank you for your reply,
actually the SOURCE NEF folder is:
LRT_EditingSequence (I gave it this name)
and the output folder (timelapse done) IS different and even on another HDD.

Sorry but I don't understand why I shoud have this structure:
----Your Sequence 1
----Your NEF Sequence 2
I only have ONE folder with all the source NEFs (LRT_EditingSequence) that now it's filled with all the XMP files added while editing the project.

Wondering where I should find the "intermediate" folder. Cant' find any with the exported jpgs.
What I think it should be the intermediate folder that is located on another HDD called: LRT_LRT_EditingSequence is empty and it just contains a sub folder called: .lrt that has a 1kb file .lrtexport.
I assume that no export has been done.

I just waited the end of the process to see the message and is at follows:

No Suitable image sequence found
Only JPG and TIFF (intermediate) Sequences can be used for direct rendering.
#4 Gunther
Please don't name your source folders LRT_ at the beginning. This is a reserved prefix for LRTimelapse's intermediate sequences. I think that's what caused the confusion.

Yes, every timelapse should be in one single folder.
Rename the folder with the original files so that you remove the LRT_ prefix.

If the LRT_LRT_* folder is empty, delete it.

Load the (renamed) folder with the original sequence again into the main window and do "Export and Render".
If you get any error messages, send me the log file (info menu / show log).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Piero
Great Gunther,
perfect suggestion, now the folder is getting populated by jpgs.
Will wait untile the end and update on the result.
Thank you very much.
No LRT prefix on my named folder anymore Smile
Piero

...also check out: