• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Very slow processing

#1 Joe_Belanger
I am experiencing major slowness with LRT 6. I have used Nikon D850 files before, processing 900 images with no issues. I just updated the software and in Lightroom I'm using your masks with detailed cutouts I am doing manually. Lightroom is slow as heck and it takes 20-30 seconds for it to show one single setting change, such as shadows. In LRT it takes 45 minutes to calculate the transitions and about the same amount of time to do visual previews. I'm on a powerful MAC which I do not store anything on and nothing has changed for me except for keeping the Mac updated.

I shot a cityscape but had some unexpected flood lights turned on due to a concert, which blew out my TL. But I am able to correct for it by cutting out the buildings and then inverting the mask so I have control of the sky and buildings separately. I am not sure if it's the complex masks that could be causing it but right now I'm really unable to process anything. I have also "straightened" the buildings due to wide angle distortion. I ran a blank series of the same images with no adjustments, and that was very speedy. So it is something in the AI that the system does not like, both Lightroom and LRT.

Another thing I noticed is that the luminance curve has two pink curves and when I roll over it with the player it is in fact two exposures and the sequence won't work. It has these all across the TL in LRT. Screen shot attached. Look at the pink ghosted plot next to the arrow.

I have the latest DNG converter and also the latest LRT, and Lightroom.

When back in LRT:

1. Calculating transitions takes about 45 minutes
2. Generating previews takes around three hours
3. Applying deflicker kills LRT after running all night.

Is there something I can do or try to problem solve this? I'm using four masks, two with a lot of details.

UPDATE: I let the sequence in LRT try to do a deflicker and it ran all night until LRT froze up. I turned off the straightening of the images and that didn't solve the problem. The only thing left are the masks. These new masks have something wrong with them that it kills not only LRT but also Lightroom. So for me, at this time, LRT is not usable. If I "clear metadata" in LRT, then the system speeds up like normal, so it is 100% something in the editing of the images that is causing the problem. When I am processing with the full editing, LRT given me maybe two preview popups, where I normally get 15 or so as the previews are being rendered. Likely the AI masking. Without the masking, the system is not usable for me.

Thanks,

Joe
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
AI Masks are slow by priciple. They are not designed to be used on hundreds of images.
And they are not supported by LRTimelapse because they cannot be animated. And even if you would recalculate them for all images just before rendering, results would most likely be bad in a timelapse, because you would clearly see lots of artefacts.
Please only use the supported, predefined masks. Learn how to get your editing done with the classic masks. It's possible.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Joe_Belanger
So even though I am using LRT masks (not creating any from Lightroom, just using the ones you supply) conducting any additional work on your masks other than general lighting, won't work? No customizing that mask shape?
#4 Gunther
You cannot use any of the AI masks like "select sky", "select subject" etc.
You can add selectors to the predefined masks, but only the "simple" ones, like brushes, linear gradients, circular gradients.
Even with the brush, you should only use few and simple brush strokes, because there is only limited space in the XMP files to store them. This is a limit by Adobe, not me.
The position would only be animated on the very first selector of any masks. The develop tools only on the predefined masks itself, they are equal for all selectors of a mask.
The image that you sent me via email seems to be easy to edit without "Select Sky".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: