• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

Visual Deflicker not working

#1 Unsub
Hi Gunther, thanks for the good efforts! I immediately bought the upgrade to support your work.

Something has gone wrong with the Visual Deflicker. Note that 5.8 (I was on 5.7.2 earlier) behaves the same, so this is not necessarily strictly about LRT6. The deflicker just simply doesn't do anything, but just recalculates the visual luminance curve to exactly where it was before the deflicker. I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong as I haven't been using LRT for some time.

The attachments are before and after running the deflicker.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Unsub
Quick addition; I think there's something wrong with my Adobe DNG Converter/display drivers.. Reinstalled both couple of times and the visual previews yield very random results. Will try to pinpoint the problem and report back if I find something tangible.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#3 Gunther
Hi, please make sure to have the very latest version of Adobe DNG Converter installed, you can find it here: https://lrtimelapse.com/install/

Then make sure to set the "Mask Version" in the LRTimelapse to the value that corresponds with your Lightroom version.
Now restart LRT and give that sequence a fresh edit: Start with Metadata / Initialize.

That sequence looks like a "Holy Grail" sequence, make sure to do "Keyframes Wizard" and "Holy Grail Wizard" - normally the latter should already compensate for the "steps" in the curve.

When editing take care to not add or remove and gradients/masks.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Unsub
Thanks Gunther. After the few reinstalls of Adobe DNG converter and my display drivers (moved to NVidia Studio Drivers), and an update to beta 10, this has been stable. Good to close.

...also check out: