• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual Previews completed but Visual Deflicker not available

#11 Gunther
If the path to the LRTimelapse app is configured correctly in the Lightroom export Plugin, it should be opened automatically. But you can also trigger the rendering manually at any time ä, just by doing file/render video in LRT and select the exported intermediary sequence there manually.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 Jpmi
So I staterd whole process again, imported photos to internal hard drive, coverted nefs to dng (150 photos). followed tutorial step by step. Then hit the visual preview button and it computer/Lrtimelapse? started open Dng converter many times. 20 + Dng converter thumbnails jumping in screen. Then visual preview goes slowly to 5% and computer slowed/stucked and finally computer crash after 20 min.. Macbook Pro free disk space 80+G.. How is this possible?
#13 zjdoliver
Hi, I had the same issues. Did you reduce the number of threads Settings -> Expert Settings-> Number of Threads for Visual Preview creation? Mine was recommending 28 and I reduced to 18.
In addition I set my Timeout for Visual Previews (sec.) from 30 to 90 as well under Expert Settings. This gives it more time to process each DNG.
Do you have the latest version of DNG?
Are you running it on a SSD drive?
#14 Jpmi
Yes I changed visual preview creation to 18 (mine was recommended 4) time to 90 sec. Deleted now dng converter. Files are on my Macs internal hd. Trying again but last 30 min visual preview is going between 35-40 % back and forth..Not going further. Pressing Visual deflicker button is not possible..
#15 Gunther
If 4 parallel threads are recommended for your computer and you increase them to 18 (!) it's no wonder that nothing works.
Please go back to 4. Then restart LRTimelapse. Load a sequence, activate the visual previews. See if that works. If not, please send me the log file. (info menu)

For all others reading this thread: in 99.9% of all cases, the default values for threads, timeout etc. are good and shouldn't be changed. If visual previews fail to create its mostly an old version of dng converter, a slow hard drive, an OS Security mechanism blocking the execution or a virus scanner interfering.

Sent mobile...
#16 Jpmi
Waited visual preview and it stopped in 97%, stuck there for 1 hour so I skipped and exported it.
In export plugin to Applications/LR timelapse 5.app/contents
LR timelapse excecutable: Applications/Lr timelapse 5.app
And after export render window didnt pop-up??
couldnt use it..
Here is the video from jpgs to finalcut
https://youtu.be/iftwJfQtmpQ
#17 Jpmi
Ok, I'll change it back to 4. How about export plugin, is it correct place?
#18 Gunther
Even if the render window doesn't pop up you can manually trigger the rendering by doing file / render video in lrtimelapse and the select the exported intermediary sequence there.

Sent mobile...

...also check out: