• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Weird interval length every 40 to 50 images

#1 photographie
I've never had this problem befor, but in the last timelapse I shot, i've noticed that every 40 or 50 photos the interval goes up from what I had set at (23sec) to values like 2'50min, 1'09min, 46s, 1'32min for around 5 intervals at a time, each time with a different interval lenght though...

This problem only lasts for around 5 intervals an then its back to normal for the next 40 or 50 photos when the same happens again...

Any ideas what could cause this?

I use a Canon EOS 77D, with the Pixel Pro TW-283RX intervalometer which had brand new batteries. Exposure time is never more than 2sec so it can't be a problem with not having enough time to save the image...
#2 Gunther
Such can for example happen if you have activated Autofocus in the camera. Then the camera will miss some photos and the interval will double, or triple accordingly.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 photographie
I shot with Manual Focus, 100% sure... any other ideas?
#4 Gunther
Sorry, I don't know that Timer neither the camera. Something seems to be wrong.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 mopperle
AFAIK this is a wireless timer, so maybe there is a problem between the transmitter and receiver. And TBH, I never understood why you should use something like that, as it adds another source for failures. Reason for me to use only wired timers in the past and finally the LRTProTimer.
Gruß/regards

Otto

...also check out: