• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

When in the workflow to fix frames with "mistakes"

#1 tdub303
I tried searching as well as looking through the first 10 pages but could not find the answer to what I am looking for.

I shot a sequence of tree tops and a night sky. In the middle of this a car passes through casting light on 3 frames.

When in the workflow do I fix this?
If I fix it in LR(via exporting to PS) can the raw file just be replaced with a TIFF?
If I fix the exported jpeg after the transitions and flickr removal will be affected by the difference in luminosity for those frames.

Thanks in advance. If any of the senior or more experienced members had any input I would really appreciate it.
#2 MMeier
If things like this happen to me I finish the workflow through LRT until I have the final jpg sequence. Before I render the sequence I load the jpg sequence in after effects and try to remove the light there. Once done I export a new jpg sequence and render this one.
#3 tdub303
Thanks for the reply and I appreciate your input. Do it this wont the transitions and flicker removal be affected due to the varying luminosity levels of those frames? Would it darken the sky for example to bring the overall luminosity down?

Ideally, fix the files first and just have edited tiffs in the place of the original RAW files.

Anyone use a different method?
#4 Gunther
You can't do it on a raw file basis. It won't work to exchange a raw file with any other file format that you pixel-edited. Tiff is not supported at all.

From my experience, MMeiers approach is the one to go. Most likely you will have to throw away those images anyway. They will look different also in terms of contrasts and colors (introduced by LR). Another option is to split the sequence at that position, get rid of those frames and use part 1 and part 2.

See these tips on how to edit such sequences in Lightroom, the problem applies to your case also: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-mor...1#pid46681
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: