• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Applying a Lightroom Mask to only Part of the timelapse

#1 danieldance
Hello,

I'm doing a day to night timelapse, but only want to apply a lightroom mask to the night portion of the timelapse.

Am i able to do that using LRTimelapse, and if so, is there a tutorial available?

Thanks
Daniel Dance
#2 Gunther
That's no problem. The predefined masks will always be there thoughout the sequence. You'd just leave the settings on them at "0" until you need them, then you can ramp up the settings.
Check out my expert tips tutorial #2: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Kevinjjjack
I used to use the range mask feature with my gradients/masks, but appears to have been taken away with the new Lr
#4 Gunther
No, range mask is still there you can add it to any of the predefined masks in Iightroom.
#5 timestretcher
Range masks weren’t taken away…they were promoted. It used to be that a range mask was an attribute of the mask types, but now it is possible to create a range mask on its own because they are now top level mask types too. So they’re probably just not where you’re used to seeing them.

You can still combine range masks with any other type, since they now let you combine any mask type with any other.
#6 Gunther
Yes, but remember that, in order to be able to use a range mask with LRTimelapse, you need to add it to one of the predefined masks that LRTimelapse created upon initialization. Only one range mask per "master mask" will be animated.

...also check out: