• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Auto Transition removes LR edits from keyframes??

Question
#1 chasg
Hi Gunther,

I have a sequence that is acting very strangely, I've never encountered this before.

After loading my edited keyframes into LRT, clicking on "Auto Transition" removes all edits in all keyframes except for Exposure, Highlights, Shadows, TC Lights and N.R. Luminance. I have attached Before Auto Transition and After Auto Transition screenshots (both show frame 1 at the top).

I have started from scratch two different ways, with the same failure:
1) In LRT I chose "Clear all timelapse editing...", reinitialised the sequence, saved keyframe metadata in LR, reloaded metadata in LRT
2) manually deleted all xmp files in the Finder, as well as the .LRT folder. Then I reinitialised in LRT, saved metadata in LR, reloaded metadata in LRT

I did this both before and after a restart of my machine.

I'm an experienced LRT user, so this one is baffling me. Maybe I'm just tired, and am doing something so basically wrong I'm completely missing it, but I don't think so. I have edited 5 other sequences today before this one, with no problems (and a few thousand before that :-)

Software versions:
LRT 6.0.2 build 792
LR 11.3
CR 14.3
M1 Mac running OSX 12.3

Can you offer any guidance? I can't think of anything else to do here.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Chas

edit: After a bit more thought, I realised that the common denominator to all my failed tests was the edited keyframes. As much as I didn't want to throw away that work (there was some careful mask positioning that took a while to do), I decided it was necessary and so I _really_ started from scratch and deleted that work, reinitialised in LRT, made new keyframes, edited those, and... I'm getting the same behaviour. Now I'm _really_ baffled.

edit 2: and now it's working, but I don't know why. I decided to just let this problem sequence render visual previews again, but jumped to editing the next sequence and let this problem one render in the background (with deflickering). When I came back to the problem sequence, it had rendered visual previews properly. Not sure what I did, if anything, to correct the problem. Still baffled.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
One question before we dig deeper: you are aware of the fact, that colums where all keyframes (!) have the same editing values, will by default be hidden after the auto transition? Please double check. You can show all columns via the button that looks like a Table on the top left of the table. It will toggle the display of all columns vs. only changed parameters.

Additionally please check this faq to see if your setup is correctly: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-hol...-no-effect
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chasg
Hi Gunther, thanks for helping out.

Yes, the columns being hidden is a good feature, and I'm aware of it. In this case, I know that I made at least white balance changes to every keyframe (it's a cityscape that gets very sodium-orange as the light falls, I corrected for that), but the visual previews didn't show that (if I load the metadata for the keyframes _back_ into LR after clicking auto transition, the values in Develop change and show what I'm seeing in Visual Previews). I also made changes in every keyframe to several other parameters (e.g. saturation of blue, position of masks and several more, all of which don't get applied across the sequence after I click "auto transition").

And I definitely have the masks version set up correctly (thanks for doing this so well, it's a very powerful feature).

I'm going to have to conclude that there is a fault with one of the raw files that is causing this problem, though I'm not sure how. The two sequences I edited _before_ this problem sequence, and the sequence I edited _after_ this problem sequence show no issues (and neither have the 1000 sequences I have edited before today).

Since I have finally managed to render the TIFFs from the problem sequence, I'm just going to archive it with a "wow, that was weird" feeling and get back to work :-)

So, I think that this is likely a one-off, so I don't want to waste any more of your time on very esoteric tech support, but you have my thanks, once again. I'm going to leave this thread up, just in case anyone else is searching on this problem.
#4 Gunther
Of course, if one or more of the images are corrupt, strange things could happen.
It might help to go though the table to search if you see any anomalies. If so, remove the affected images.
Especially check for inconsistencies in the values, for example if you edit the whitebalances, the column "WB Preset" would be on "Custom" after the auto transition. If that's not the case, something went wrong.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 chasg
Well, we both know that removing an image usually kills the sequence, but it's very good advice, and much appreciated.

I did notice that that first keyframe still was on "as shot", that's very strange, as I definitely did change it. If I encounter this strange behaviour again, I'll go through all the columns very carefully, looking for anomalies.

Thanks again for the considered reply.

...also check out: