• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

a7 IV not connecting via WiFi; LRTimelapse won't open when connected via USB cable

#1 big0mike
Last time I tried the Holy Grail method I was on a Canon 7D with a wireless connection to a Samsung tablet. The app was buggy and crashed every 15 minutes or so. The Auto NTC did absolutely nothing to the exposure. I wondered if the exposure didn't change because in Arizona we don't care about Daylight Savings Time which would have put the me an hour behind the actual Mountain Time Zone I'm in.

Now I have a Sony a7 IV with the latest version of the app.

I found https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-tim...-dashboard where I was able to manually connect to the Sony's WiFi signal with the phone but when I hit the Sony WiFi button on the app it says "Found Sony SonyImagingDevice wireless camera, can't connect."

When I use a USB C to C cable to directly connect it connects and I seem to be able to control the camera but when I go to hit the LRTimelapse button I get the error "Can't enter LRTimelapse screen - Image format is not RAW+JPG or JPG" even though both the camera and phone are set to RAW+JPG.

I'm nearly back to giving up. It shouldn't be this difficult...

Any thoughts?

Mike
#2 Gunther
AFAIK the latest Sony Camera are not yet supported by qDslrDashboard. Use the search feature, we already had this a couple of times here. Zoltan (the developer) doesn't seem to have access to one of those cameras and Sony provides no documentation. So it's difficult for him to implement this.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 big0mike
Yeah, I knew that. That's why I tried a wired connection and noted a different error that I was hoping someone might have insight on:

"When I use a USB C to C cable to directly connect it connects and I seem to be able to control the camera but when I go to hit the LRTimelapse button I get the error "Can't enter LRTimelapse screen - Image format is not RAW+JPG or JPG" even though both the camera and phone are set to RAW+JPG."
#4 Gunther
I don't think it's a question of wifi vs usb. I think it's just the camera interface that's not supported.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 big0mike
That's a possibility but since I was able to use qDLSR Dashboard with the exception of the LRTimelapse tab I was hoping it was some misconfiguration I could correct...

EDIT: Just got a reply on the qDSLR forum and he said the USB connection works but everything isn't implemented fully due to the lack of a newer camera. FML

...also check out: