• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting/Reconnecting DslrDashboard with MR3040-V2

#1 Amra
I have a sort of luxury problem with my DslrDashboard & MR3040-V2. This occurs on both of my Android devices.

Galaxy S3 with Android 4.2.2
Pipo M9 Tablet with Android 4.4 KitKat.
My DSLR is the Canon 1100D.

My issue is, that once I've connected once with the router, and then successfully used DslrDashboard, I might want to log on the home WiFi to go on the internet & then later on re-connect with the router and then monitor my camera which is right outside taking pictures on an intervalometer, without going out there. (Like I said luxury problem, but would be nice to solve.)

However when I try to re-connect with the router, it will say that there's no dslr running on the server, and then I have to go outside, turn off the router and remove the mini-usb cable from the camera, wait until the router is ready and then attach it to the camera again. After this process, it will work to log on the router and establish connection with the app & follow the previews just fine.

So I can't connect/re-connect without resetting the router, which is quite annoying. I know I could reboot it from the web interface, but it seems to require me to remove the mini-usb cable and attach it again to successfully run the dslr server again.

The web interface is always available by the way, even if I can't connect to the dslr.

And I'm running the latest version of router firmware & apk (not the test one), latest OpenCV on my phone, but old OpenCV on my KitKat tablet (won't work without it.)

I think I've provided all the information I can, but if there was something I left out let me know, would love to solve this issue to make an already great feature even better for me.

So in conclusion what could be causing this and is there anything I could do to keep that dslr connected?
#2 Gunther
I can reproduce this. Zoltan, do you think you can fix it? I would appreciate that too, would make everything more stable.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Amra
Just now I tried to reproduce this inside the house & put the intervalometer to shoot 25s exposures with a 5s delay. I was connected initially when I started the intervalometer, and the previews started downloading just fine to my tablet and I could do the close connection thing & re-connect as often as I liked in the app (while remaining connected to the router through WiFi), while the camera was shooting just fine.
However, after closing the connection in DslrDashboard & connecting to my home WiFi, surfed the web briefly & waited for a while before attempting to re-connect to the router and then through the app re-connect, this is where it seemed to fail.

So I think this error happens when I join another wifi & then router's wifi again and attempt to reconnect through the app, and as soon as reconnecting has failed even once, then I'm forced to reboot the router.

I've also tried to put both my Android devices on the router's wifi. First connecting with my tablet through dslrdashboard, and then disconnecting the tablet and connecting my phone through dslrdashboard, which seems to work fine as long as I remain on the router's wifi.

Edit: I was wrong, it still ends up failing sometimes. It might say connected DSLR count: 1 but not bring the menu with bulb options forth and then you enter one of the options and lose the connection, so meh. I have no idea.
#4 hubaiz
Not sure what is the problem but I tested with the new DDServer and latest DslrDashboard test version (the one I published a few days ago) and here it works.
What I do:
- exit to 'Connection screen' (press the 'back' button twice if you are in LrTimelapse screen)
- press 'Close network connection' <- this is important
- press the 'Exit' button

After that I changed to my internet router and I could browse the internet

After that I connected to the MR3040 again
- started 'DslrDashboard'
- hit the 'Connect to OpenWrt/Linux' and it connected to the camera that was connected to MR3040

I only tested with intervalometer set to 5 sec, and shutter speed set to 1/30

Note that if the shutter speed is longer and the camera is in process of capture it could block the incoming connection request.
#5 Amra
(2014-02-11, 13:14)hubaiz Wrote: Not sure what is the problem but I tested with the new DDServer and latest DslrDashboard test version (the one I published a few days ago) and here it works.
What I do:
- exit to 'Connection screen' (press the 'back' button twice if you are in LrTimelapse screen)
- press 'Close network connection' <- this is important
- press the 'Exit' button

After that I changed to my internet router and I could browse the internet

After that I connected to the MR3040 again
- started 'DslrDashboard'
- hit the 'Connect to OpenWrt/Linux' and it connected to the camera that was connected to MR3040

I only tested with intervalometer set to 5 sec, and shutter speed set to 1/30

Note that if the shutter speed is longer and the camera is in process of capture it could block the incoming connection request.
Yeah I suppose it's because the camera's shutter was open at the time (the likelyhood is high with a long exposure), but it would be nice if it didn't crash the server and require a reboot after 1 failed attempt, or I just suspect it does. I will use an even longer interval from now on just to have it working smoothly. Smile

...also check out: