• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keyframe Wizard doesn't seem to work with Adobe Bridge (version 5.4, build 618)

#1 petitpaul
Hi,
*** below problem is solved, but i am unable to delete the post. Sorry ***
The changes i make via Adobe Bridge in camera RAW to the keyframes (including the calculated in-between frames in auto transition of the Basic Workflow) doesnt seem to work, even though I push the saved-button after keyframing and reloaded also before auto-transitioning. FYI: In this case, I use JPEG images as a source, not RAWs.
Strangely: In Bridge, all the images in the sequence look like they have been enhanced, but in Explorer i only see the unenhanced, original images (and it's not a refresh problem. Hitting F5 doesn't help). Opening them from Explorer also shows me the original images. In LRT, in the right column,('exposure 2012) I see that the modification in Camera RAW and the in-between calculation has been done correctly however (exposure of all frames, for instance, has been lowered with the same amount I set for the keyframes in Camera RAW). Also, the preview pane in LRT still shows the original, unchanged images.
The resulting Rendered video also uses the original frames, not the improved ones. What is going on? See screenshots attached.
PS I know you are going to recommend I use lightroom but I have no experience with that software and have worked to my satisfaction with PS/Camera RAW so far.

Just a thought: could it be because the export function in Bridge is not working properly? I don't 'export' the bridge images, I use the current ones to render a video. If bridge is the problem, I will contact Adobe.
#2 Gunther
JPGs do not have Visual Previews in LRT, that's why you'll not see any changes visually.
Also Windows Explorer cannot show any changes, because the changes are only in the XMP files, not visually applied to the files.
LRTimelapse is mainly centered on a RAW workflow, where you will be able to use the visual workflow etc.
Before you can render the video, you'd need to export from a program, which will apply the XMP settings to the files. In your case, if you just use the JPG files from your camera + XMP and render them from LRTimelapse, that won't work.

That's why LRTimelapse normally requires Lightroom or Camera Raw to apply the XMP changes to the files, to "develop" them. You'll then get a second set of exported JPG or TIFF files, which you can then render.
Read the instructions on https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow - there is also a page about bridge/acr - although I recommend working with Lightroom Classic when using LRTimelapse to get the best experience.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: