• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Processing and syncing RAW sequence from dual lens GoPro Fusion for 360° timelapse

Video
#1 Jobes
Hi. I've got a question I've not been able to answer after searching through tutorials and the forum.

I'm working with footage from a GoPro Fusion, a 360° camera which can shoot RAW+JPEG timelapse sequences. It captures from both fisheye lenses simultaneously, saving them as separate front and back images (named GF0xxxxx.GPR and GB0xxxxx.GPR) These can then be stitched together using GoPro's Fusion Studio software to create a 360° image. Image quality and dynamic range is quite good for such a small sensor :-)

The RAW workflow for single frames is pretty straightforward: process each image in Lightroom to taste with global adjustments, then stitch using Fusion Studio. Then the equirectangular (latlong) 360° image can be further processed and retouched as required.

Using LRTimelapse 5 Pro and the visual workflow I've been able to significantly reduce flicker for the front lens during a holy grail type sequence. Great so far. But following the same process on the other lens causes issues, as the key framing and individual frame adjustments are unique to that sequence. As there are differences in luminosity between front and back at times, this means a more pronounced different in stitched images, with front and rear hemispheres sometimes having quite different exposure values. So this fixes one set of flicker issues (from frame to frame) but introduces another (from front to rear)

So I am asking, is there a way to synchronise two separate sets of images with the same settings from LRTimelapse5? So the keyframes, auto transitions and visual deflicker settings can be processed identically on both. I have not been able to find a function to do this.

The alternative would theoretically be to use the stitched 360° images - exported as a TIFF sequence from Fusion Studio - however I have not been able to import these into LRTimelapse, even using the 'convert to DNG' function.

As a hack I have tried copying the XMPs, renaming them, then reading metadata in Lightroom. This didn't seem to work (edit: trying again, it seems to have worked second time around. Seems more reliable importing raw + XMP sidecar files into LR than reading metadata from disk)

Thanks in advance for your help!
#2 Gunther
Officially it's not supported to sync two sequences with the same edits.
My suggestion would also have been to rename both raw sequences with the same names and then just overwrite the XMP files of the 2nd sequence with those from the first.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: