• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TP-Link router + canon 550D + Galaxy Grand Duos

#1 Rudni914
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any one who already could link canon 550D to android jellybean 4.1.2 by wifi with TP-link router successfully? I have a samsung galaxy grand duos, is it ok for use dslrdashboard with this camera by wifi?

Please, someone can clarify me about this situation?
I wouldnt like to waste money buying the router for doesnt work in the end...u know...=/

Thanks
#2 saw0
Hi,

I have successfully done it using a Nexus 7 with stock Jellybean and a 550D.

Even using the 550D in my tutorial here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Our-AxmrDJM

Greets
#3 Rudni914
(2014-02-13, 10:47)saw0 Wrote: Hi,

I have successfully done it using a Nexus 7 with stock Jellybean and a 550D.

Even using the 550D in my tutorial here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Our-AxmrDJM

Greets

Ok, many thanks for the good feedback!Smile

So, I will try it! I'm just with a bit of afraid about my galaxy grand duos, but as it has the same jelly bean I hope it will also workl!

greets
#4 saw0
Quote:I'm just with a bit of afraid about my galaxy grand duos

You should not be afraid. Oftentimes OTG support is broken on these Roms, but as you are using WIFI, I see no barriers in the road.

You can report back when you have it running to affirm other users with the same constellation.

Good Luck Wink
#5 Rudni914
(2014-02-13, 23:09)saw0 Wrote:
Quote:I'm just with a bit of afraid about my galaxy grand duos

You should not be afraid. Oftentimes OTG support is broken on these Roms, but as you are using WIFI, I see no barriers in the road.

You can report back when you have it running to affirm other users with the same constellation.

Good Luck Wink

yeah I also think that!Wink We will see, I already bought the router!

Of course! Once I have news on whether it works or not, I communicate!

Thanks Wink
#6 Rudni914
Good night,

I need help!=/

I already have my tp-link router and already update the firmware successefully!
As can you see by the image in the link below there is no problem to connect my smartphone android 4.2.2 to the router by wifi.

link of smartphone printscreen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3dx93a9j6z1v3....31.21.png

First of all, I turn on the router in AP mode and wait to wireless signal led lights up. Then I turn on my canon 550D and link to the router by usb cable. When I automatically do that the LCD of my camera pop up a message saying "BUSY" as you can see in the photo below!

Even thinking this was normal, when I try to turn on the openWRT connection in dslrdashboard app with ip default (192.168.1.1), nothing happen and the "busy" message in my camera still goes on!The third led in the router is also light up when i connect the router to the camera before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qkaq80yk2lu4w....45.39.jpg

There is any step I am doing wrong? Has anyone had this problem?

Please help me!=(

Thanks
#7 Zbigi
Hello everybody!

I am newbie in the remote access to the camera, therefore perhaps my question will be easy to answer for somebody, who has more experience than I.

I have bought the TP-Link MR-3040 router and have flushed it successfully. I have an access to the router from my mobile devices: Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android ver. 4.3 and from my Android tablet running Android 4.4.4/.

I am able to use the DSLRdashboard on my phone (S4) and qDLSRdashboard on my tablet, but only using wired connection through USB port.

After preparing OpenWRT on TP-Link router I can - for example - open the Web interface of the flushed router in any browser on both devices. I can do with that interface on the router everything what possible> change setting, save the new configuration and so on.

Problem is, when I am trying to connect to the camera using the wireless connection via TP-Link MR-3040 router. The symptoms are exactly the same as described by Rudni914 above. When I am trying to connect to the router from within DSLRdasboard I am reaching the error message saying: "Unable to connect (IO exception) Host 192.168.1.1".

All possible programs for checking the connection between phone/tablet are showing that the IP Address is leased b devices from DHCP server running on the router, and transmission is working properly, because I can operate on the router and make settings on it. Only connection needed by DSLRdashboard is not working...

My MR3040 router is ver. 2.2. I have flushed it with the file: openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-factory.bin with the size of 3840 KB.

My camera Canon 550D is running firmware ver. 1.0.9.

I hope somebody will able to help me. Perhaps some other people are having the same or similar problem and will able to solve theirs problem too.

It will be great to hear some tips to solve above described problem. Thanks in advance.
#8 Rudni914
(2014-12-18, 22:24)Zbigi Wrote: Hello everybody!

I am newbie in the remote access to the camera, therefore perhaps my question will be easy to answer for somebody, who has more experience than I.

I have bought the TP-Link MR-3040 router and have flushed it successfully. I have an access to the router from my mobile devices: Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android ver. 4.3 and from my Android tablet running Android 4.4.4/.

I am able to use the DSLRdashboard on my phone (S4) and qDLSRdashboard on my tablet, but only using wired connection through USB port.

After preparing OpenWRT on TP-Link router I can - for example - open the Web interface of the flushed router in any browser on both devices. I can do with that interface on the router everything what possible> change setting, save the new configuration and so on.

Problem is, when I am trying to connect to the camera using the wireless connection via TP-Link MR-3040 router. The symptoms are exactly the same as described by Rudni914 above. When I am trying to connect to the router from within DSLRdasboard I am reaching the error message saying: "Unable to connect (IO exception) Host 192.168.1.1".

All possible programs for checking the connection between phone/tablet are showing that the IP Address is leased b devices from DHCP server running on the router, and transmission is working properly, because I can operate on the router and make settings on it. Only connection needed by DSLRdashboard is not working...

My MR3040 router is ver. 2.2. I have flushed it with the file: openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-factory.bin with the size of 3840 KB.

My camera Canon 550D is running firmware ver. 1.0.9.

I hope somebody will able to help me. Perhaps some other people are having the same or similar problem and will able to solve theirs problem too.

It will be great to hear some tips to solve above described problem. Thanks in advance.

Hello Zbigi,

yeah, I had the same problem I guess.

To be honest I almost don't remember what I did to solve the problem because it was already some time ago! lol

Anyway I will try to help you with what I can remember ok?Smile

Just to say, now I have no problems more and from what I can remember I fixed the issue few time after type here the last post.

Sooooo, I remember to reset de router and do all again from the begining but I think that didnt change nothing.
One of the things I really know that helped was use the right version of dslrdashboard! For the firmeware version which is avaiable to the router you will necessary to have the qDslrdashboard and not the dslrdashboard version. Please check if you are using the right one!! other important thing is the order you use to connect all the devides together.

turn the camera on --> turn the wifi on on your smartphone or tablet ---> turn the router in the AP mode and wait to can see it in your wifi list on smartphone ---> connect the smartphone to the router ----> connect the router to the camera by usb cable (you will see "BUSY" in the camera display, is normal) ----> turn the qDslrdashboard on in your android and then try to connect using the ip default!
After this step you sould be able to control your camera through your android and the "BUSY" information will disappear and normally the camera display turns black, but in that moment you are already connect to the camera. Push "liveview" on qDslrdashboard and your camera will have to answer to the command, u will see. Wink

I hope I have helped you! Sorry my english x)

Carlos
#9 Zbigi
Thanks Rudni914 for quick answer.

I have don everything what You have suggested me. But I still don't have any success.

I have both: qDSLRdashboard on my Android tablet, and DSLdashboard on my phone. Anyone is functioning in my hardware configuration yet I am slowly loosing hope, that it will be possible to use...
#10 Rudni914
(2014-12-18, 23:27)Zbigi Wrote: Thanks Rudni914 for quick answer.

I have don everything what You have suggested me. But I still don't have any success.

I have both: qDSLRdashboard on my Android tablet, and DSLdashboard on my phone. Anyone is functioning in my hardware configuration yet I am slowly loosing hope, that it will be possible to use...

Hum...idk so!

Try to reset the router and instal the firmware again from the begining...

I would like to help you but I think I already told you everything what worked to me. sorry =/

good luck!

...also check out: