• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

White Balance corrections made for Keyframes in Lightroom disappear in LRT6

#1 Fred Hirschmann
I'm a totally new to LRTimelapse and learning the ropes through the free trial before purchasing the pro version. I've done the workflow for two nighttime northern lights sequences shot on a medium format Pentax 645Z. I'm using a MacBook Pro with High Sierra 10.13.6 running LightRoom 6 classic. After selecting 6 or so keyframes using the Keyframe Wizard, saving the metadata and bringing the set into Lightroom, I develop the 6 keyframes including moving each image's white balance down to approximately 4200ºK. This setting diminishes the garish green and brings the auroras closer to the light value the human eye perceives. When the saved keyframes are brought back to LRTimelapse and the changes are applied to all the frames in the sequence by LRTimelapse 6, the adjustment in white balance reverts to the camera's original more garish capture. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but what might my mistake be? Thanks for helping.
#2 Gunther
This happens after you let the Visual Previews generate?
In order for the visual previews to be correctly generated, you need to have the latest Adobe DNG Converter installed. Also the Masks Version in the LRTimelapse setttings need to correspond with your Lightroom version. Please double check this faq: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-hol...-no-effect
If it doesn't help, see this faq for a troubleshooting guide:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-key...vise-versa
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bjahill
Had the same problem - but selecting White Balance to Custom (instead of As Shot) in the R/H-side of LRTimelapse Pro 6.0.2 solved my issue.......
#4 Gunther
Usually when editing the WB on a Keyframe in LR, Lightroom would automatically set the WB treatment to custom. Then this setting would travel via metadata to LRTimelapse. But in any case, it's good to double check if you experience any issues. That's what the table and editor is for ;-)
#5 bjahill
When I edit my keyframes inside Lightroom and save metadata, all changes is transferred to LRTimelapse. Pressing Auto Transition, I get all the adjustments back to LRT - except for the WB. WB only shows up on the keyframes, and I have to select Custom WB in order to get transition from one Kelvin to another. Probably doing something wrong, but this "workaround" is working for me.
#6 Gunther
From which camera are those files?
#7 bjahill
At the moment I'm working with .CR2 files from Canon 1DX
#8 bjahill
Updated LRTimelapse to v 6.0.3 today, and now the "WB-problem" have disappeared. I can now change the WB in LrC, finish the work in LRT, and the info is returned back to LrC without touching the WB in LRT. This was not possible in earlier versions.
I can't explain this.........
#9 Gunther
Didn't change anything about that but glad it's working for you now. Maybe you updated the Dng converter also?
#10 bjahill
Yes, the DNG converter was updated as well.

...also check out: