• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting to EOS 70D via on camera Wi-Fi

#11 bilgebay
Hi Zoltan,

I can now confirm the following:

1 - Using qDslrDashboard V0.1.4, I can connect to Canon EOS 70D via camera's built-in Wi-Fi without any problems.
2 - The Auto Holy Grail function works perfectly with 6 seconds interval. Here is a TL video I made yesterday using this function.

The day before, I tried 4 second interval ( Exposures were less than a second ) but this didn't work at all. I will give 4 and 5 second intervals another try and report here again.

3 - The Android device goes to sleep but qDDB continues to control the camera. This was something I was curious about. I am very glad to see this. Otherwise, the Android battery is used up very quickly and it was really worrying me.

4 - Without he TP-Link in between, everything seems to be speeded up, the controls are more responsive.

5 - Once I am in LRT mode, there is no way I can go back to normal qDslrDB screen fyi. I'm sure this will be taken care of in future releases.

Thanks for your continued efforts.

Sedat
#12 Gunther
Tipp: set the preview JPGs to the lowest size in the camera, this will allow you for shorter intervals.
You can leave LRTimelapse screen after turning off the Auto-Holy grail just by pressing "back".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 bilgebay
Hi Gunther,

Thank you for your response.

The previews were the smallest jpegs, ie 0,3K per picture.

The back button didn't work for some reason. I will try it again during next session.

Sedat
#14 bilgebay
Oh, I see....I have to cancel the Auto Holy Grail... but I didn't want to do this since I had an active session...

So, once I start Holy Grailing, there is no way going back.... I don't think this is a big deal. I can live with this.

Thanks
Sedat
#15 hubaiz
With the 650D (it has only RAW + Large JPG fine) with a Class 10 SD card I can do 3 sec interval (with a smaller JPG it will work better).
The only problem is that it will be lagging behind the current capture. But I can't do anything about it as qDD is processing the events as it gets from the camera and Canon do queue up the events and does not send it right after the image was taken.
So the only drawback is that I can change the shutter/ISO but I will see the result a bit later.

You can't go back to camera control screen while the 'Auto Holy Grail' function is enable because you could change some of the settings that would interfere with the 'Auto Holy Grail' function (image format, EV step, live view etc)
#16 bilgebay
3 second is more than enough for me. I will try again and get back to you. Maybe I was doing something wrong in the first run.

Sedat
#17 bilgebay
Hi,

Made another test yesterday and yes, you were both right! I was able achieve 3 seconds intervals. Auto holy grail works magically !

Here is the TL I made yesterday.

Camera - Canon EOS 70D
Lens - Canon 18-135 ISM
Filter - None
Aperture - f/14
Camera control - qDDB in LRT mode set to Auto Holy Grail
Frame rate at capture - 0.33fps
Frame rate at video rendering - 30fps

[Video: https://vimeo.com/91511359]

Sedat
#18 Rudni914
Hi,

What u mean with "Frame rate at capture - 0.33fps"?

Do u mean the stop variation?U didn't use jumps of 1 stop as it explained in the tutorial video of the holy grail?
#19 Rudni914
Hi,

First, I have to say that this new release is much better than before, I liked the changes!Congrats.

I was testing this new dslrdashboard and the holygrail feature!
It is improved and much more visual friendly!Smile I have to say that the holygrail seems to works with no problem!
I use a canon 550D with magic lantern and this way i can achieve a shorter interval time between the shots than I could before with a external shutter release.
The all parameters works fine till now, exept two things.

The first one is the feature about to make the qdslrdashbord to delete the JPEG file when we are shooting timelapse. The last release this it was possible, but in this new one i can't find in the settings that option to turn off it. Am I doing something wrong?

The second one is the lrtimelapse mode in the auto holy grail feature. If I choose jumps of 1 stop between shots to correct the day light, it works well about shutter speed, making for example 1s to 2s and then to 4s and so on...when the shutter speed achieve the limit that I set and it's time to ISO settings start to change, this not happens in the best way. As I chose jumps of 1stop it should jump like this: ISO 100 to 200 to 400 to 800 and so on, right?But what happens is like this: 100 to 800 to 3200, just it!!!It never set 200 neither 400 between 100 and 800, as the same way with ISO 1600 setting between 800 and 3200.Why?
The same happens with you guys??
Someone can help me?

Thanks
Carlos
#20 Gunther
I didn't try it, I always use 1/3 stops. There is no point in using bigger ones when doing auto holy grail.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: