• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Login MR3040 schlägt fehl

#1 JBusse
Hallo zusammen,
ich wollte meinen TP-Link MR3040 V2 am Wochenende auf die neue Firmware updaten, damit die Zusammenarbeit mit der neuen Software DslrDB wieder funktioniert. Vorher hat alles zusammen funktioniert.

Allerdings konnte ich mich anmelden. Die Standard Username+Password wurde nicht akzeptiert. Leider kann ich mich nicht sicher erinnern, ob ich bei der Erstinstallation damals Username+Password geändert habe. Den Resetknopf am MR3040 habe ich schon probiert : keine Änderung.

Hat jemand eine Idee, wie ich vorgehen kann? Wie muss der Schalter am MR3040 stehen? Bleibt der beim Firmwareupdate auf AP?

Gruß Jürgen
#2 hubaiz
If you didn't set a 'root' password then the OpenWrt web interface will notify you about it. If no password is set then you just need to press the 'login' button.

If you forget the password then you can try with failsafe mode.
1. Turn on the router
2. Wait almost 5 sec
3. Press the 'Reset' button on router for ~3sec
4. The device will enter failsafe mode (while in failsafe mode the LED's won't flash)
5. Access the router with telnet at 192.168.1.1 (on windows you can use PuTty)
6. After you accessed the router with telnet you can change the password with the 'passwd' command
#3 JBusse
Hello Zoltán,
thank you for your fast answer.

I´m afraid it is a root Password, at least before I type in any Password the username is initialized with 'root' as default value. What shall I do in this case?

Kind regards
Jürgen
#4 hubaiz
As I wrote, if you forget the root password your only option is

If you forget the password then you can try with failsafe mode.
1. Turn on the router
2. Wait almost 5 sec
3. Press the 'Reset' button on router for ~3sec
4. The device will enter failsafe mode (while in failsafe mode the LED's won't flash)
5. Access the router with telnet at 192.168.1.1 (on windows you can use PuTty)
6. After you accessed the router with telnet you can change the password with the 'passwd' command

The router should be connected with a network cable to your PC/laptop.
#5 JBusse
Hello Zoltán,
I tried that, but I can´t get access to the router in failsafe mode with telnet at 192.168.1.1. Shall I try it with PuTTY or does this make no difference?

Jürgen
#6 hubaiz
PuTty is a windows application that can be used to establish a telnet. ssh, serial connection.
When you start PuTty it will ask for the remote device IP and under that you can select the 'connection type' (raw, telnet, rlogin, ssh, serial).
So you should use the 'telnet' as a connection type and in the 'Host name' field enter 192.168.1.1
#7 Cliffhanger-Photography
Hallo,

ich habe dasselbe Problem!
Habe den TP link mr3040 gekauft.

open WRT war schon drauf.

Habe die verbindung per LAN hergestellt, reset am router gedrückt und im Terminal (Mac Benutzer) "telnet 192.168.1.1" eingegeben.

Ausgabe ist immer: "unable to connect to remote host"

Wie bekomme ich nun Zugriff auf den Router?

Danke schon mal!

...also check out: