• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Luminance Drop At Keyframes

#1 pierceklinke
I am getting a slight dip in the luminance value right at each keyframe I add to sequence. I've verified all of the settings are the same across the images in front and behind of the keyframe so really frustrated to see this happening. Please help me get rid of this.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Timelapsejunkie
Im having the issue but the opposite. Luminance value is popping. Turns out my tone curves adjustments are not transitioning in this holy grail sequence. It just takes the first tone curve and applies it across the whole sequence. Currently trying to figure out how to fix this.
#3 pierceklinke
If you look at the 5th keyframe in the photo, that one actually sees a noticeably increase in luminance. I was also seeing the same tone curve issue as you. If I tried to apply tone curve changes from keyframe to keyframe it would save the first tone curve but all of the other ones would remain completely linear (no changes at all as if they were reset).
#4 Gunther
LRTimelapse only supports the animation of parametric tone curves (the low, mid, high sliders) - not point curves.
Point curves can only be applied statically. This means, you need to apply them to the very first keyframe and leave them unchanged when doing sync to the next keyframes. Then auto transition will populated the point curve of the very first keyframe to all other frames.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 pierceklinke
Hi Gunther,
Thanks for the response on the tone curve. I've gone back removed that from my edits in Lightroom entirely which eliminated the problem of luminance spikes. I think some of the issue there may have come from using the standard Lightroom sync/copy settings rather than the LRTimelapse script to do so, would the follow based off of your experience/knowledge?
#6 Gunther
Yes, that's possible. LRTimelapse does the best to correct such issues, but it's of course always better to use the Sync Script to avoid the internal adjustments like holy grail to be overridden by the LIghtroom copy/paste or sync tools.
#7 pierceklinke
Makes sense. All going smoothly now. I have to say this LR Timelapse is one of the best things ever so thank you for creating it. I'm putting together my 2023 timelapse reel and it is super helpful for processing everything.
#8 Gunther
Thanks so much for this nice feedback! :-)

...also check out: