• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual Preview freezes the computer

#1 HudsonGarcia
Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and video editing in general. Besides, English is not my first language so I ask you to forgive any mistakes.

I just started using the software and I'm loving it, but I came across a problem. Several times when I try to activate the visual preview my computer simply freezes, and I have to force the restart. Any idea why this is happening?
In addition I have rendered videos with different parameters to test the results, but I cannot open videos that maintain the aspect ratio of my camera, since when I render using the 16: 9 option, the problem does not occur.

I appreciate any help.
#2 Gunther
Hi, regarding visual previews:
1) make sure nothing is blocking on your computer. Whitelist LRTimelapse and Adobe DNG Converter in your virus scanner
On mac: allow full disc access, see: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-wil...-and-later
2) make sure your timelapse is located on a fast drive (internal ssd would be best)
3) if this doesn't help, reduce the number of parallel threads in LRTimelapse's settings/Expert settings. Set it to half the value and see if that helps.

Regarding playback of original aspect ratio videos: such videos are often outside the MP4/h.264 specifications (you got a warning in the render dialog!). You'd need a good player, for example Vlc player, might be able to play them back.
Lowering the resolution or using another codec (h.265, prores, dnxhr) will also help.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 HudsonGarcia
Thank you Gwegner! I'll try that...

...also check out: